8.0.27.0 install and rollback issues and data providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.27.0 install and rollback issues and data providers

Hello, I want to draw your attention to a few i know who have updated but need to rollback as 3rd party software hasn't updated. In their haste to update they didn't realise this release has underlying changes. Also now having rolled back they can't connect to rithmic - so it would seem you need to provide more detail and information in your release notes.
    What is the issue with rithmic and why would they no longer be able to connect? they received specifics from rithmic on this update. I ask you to consider this in your updates and provide a means to rollback - as this is almost a necessity for some users with these updates. Please advise - also i notice other issues with data and historical servers which could all be related too
    Last edited by soulfx; 11-30-2022, 05:42 AM.

Hello soulfx,

If you are aware of a user that is having trouble with the update please have them send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader.com so that they can be assisted. I am not aware of a specific issue surrounding rolling back and using rithmic so that may be isolated to their machines or accounts.

When rolling back to a previous version you do need to completely uninstall the platform before reinstalling a previous release to prevent any updated files from being retained and used. The newest update is not able to be rolled back without uninstalling and removing the database due to the changes that happened. In the most recent update the structure of the platforms files changed due to removing 32 bit version and also the database framework changed both of which prevent easily migrating backwards. The easiest way to migrate backwards would be to completely uninstall the platform and start with a new user folder to avoid retaining any updated NinjaScript or database files.

When using third party items you do run the risk of updating the platform before the developer has had a chance to update their items. If you use third party items extensively or have very complex third party items It would be suggested to hold off on updating the platform when it notifies you and instead wait to make sure all third party items are updated first.

If you are seeing some problem surrounding historical data you can report that to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader.com. Please include specific details on how to see the problem with the data or steps required and we can research that further.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
    3 responses
    1 like
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes