Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrderFlow+ Volume Profle

Hello!

I applied the Order Flow Volume profile to a chart of the ES 12-22 future with a custom Trading Hours template set to split the trading day into an ETH session followed by an RTH session.
    Still, the Order Flow Volume Profile calculates only the trading day.

In the chart, the two sessions in which I split the day have different background shadings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-22 (2000 Tick) 2022_11_25 (11_58_46 AM).png
Views:	263
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1225746

I checked and rechecked all the parameters, and they seem correct to me:
    • Profile Type is set to Tick,
    • Display Mode is Standard,
    • Profile Period is Sessions
    • Sessions = 1
    • Trading Hours CME ETH-RTH

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Hello Gianpiero​,
    Thank you for your post.

Are you trying to show the "overnight" and the RTH hours separately? If so, it would be easier to have two instances of the Order Flow Volume Profile and then set one to RTH and the other to a Custom Trading Hours with just the overnight hours. I would start with this and see if this resolves your inquiry.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions on this matter.
    Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Adrian,

I attached two Volume Profile indicators to a 2000 ticks chart of the ES, and I set up each indicator with a different Time Hours template but to no avail, as you can see from the following screenshot.

Screenshot

Is there any other solution?
      Last edited by Gianpiero; 12-05-2022, 12:14 PM. Reason: Wrong Screenshot

Comment

Hello Gianpiero​,
        Thank you for the reply.

You will want to have your template look something like the first I provided below : Please note, my settings are the opposite of the RTH template.

Name:	Trading Hours.png
Views:	126
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1226425

With the settings as applied from above, I get the results below: Please note, blue is using the RTH hours and Purple is using the overnight hours template.

Name:	Trading Hours 2.png
Views:	119
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1226426

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions on this matter. ​​​

Comment

Hello Adrian,

Now it is working, but I had to amend my original Trading Hours template because when I set it up, I had trimmed 45' from the end of the RTH session. My Trading Hours template now reflects exactly the CME trading hours, converted in my time zone.

I take this opportunity to ask you if you can help me with an annoying issue. Please, have a look at the far right of my chart on this screenshot:

Name:	Screenshot_20221205_013631.png
Views:	121
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1226546
          Why do I have that empty area at the right of the price scale? I looked around the chart and the data series properties, but I didn't know what to do. Noting catastrophic, but it's a real hassle because I only have one monitor with many charts, each one eating a slice of my screen real estate.

Have you any idea about how to fix it?​

Comment

Hello Gianpiero,
            Thank you for the response.

First, I'm glad you were able to resolve your original inquiry. In regards to your second issue, that is not expected of the platform. This could be related to a 3rd Party Add-On affecting the chart and making that happen. I would confirm if this is happening in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
            • Loading workspaces.
            • Connecting on start-up.
            • Loading custom assemblies.
            • Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
            • Exit NinjaTrader.
            • Hold the Ctrl (Control) key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
            • Keep the Ctrl (Control) key held down until you see the Control Center.
            • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Once you have opened the platform in safe mode:
            • Reconnect to your Data Provider
            • Go to Control Center > Workspaces > New > Give this Workspace a unique name like "Test" and click OK
            • Open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues with this new workspace, go to Control Center > Workspaces > hover over the workspace you just made and click Save.
            • Once saved, hover over all other open Workspaces and click Close until only the Test Workspace you just made is open

Now, click X out of the platform and select "No" to "Do you want to save changes"

Now reopen the platform like normal. It should open to the workspace you just created.
            • Is everything still working as expected?
            • Now try opening the other workspace that was bringing in the unwanted behavior
            • If this reintroduces issues, this lets us know that the 3rd party add-ons brought in the unwanted behavior.

I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that you may narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

I look forward to resolving this matter.​

Comment

Thanks, Adrain; I fixed it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby