Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to Kinetick

I opened a Kinetick account yesterday & could not connect
    I sent a support request to Kinetick but they did not look into the issue they only resent me my login details...

Every time I attempt to login to Kinetick the NT8 light is stuck on Yellow Connecting, it will not progress to Green connected
    When I click disconnect I receive a log entry disconnecting but as the connection did not connect the platform gets stuck on disconnecting, the only way to terminate the process so I can attempt to reconnect again is by shutting down the program.

I saw a similar forum thread where users had to download and connect through IQfeed but this has basically the same issue with being stuck on connecting through the IQfeed client

I attempted to message NT through NT8 but received an error message that your server did not accept the log & trace files so attached them to a reply to the auto reply email from NT
    Support Case 03555201

How am I going to be able to connect to Kinetick without messaging back and forth to support for days on end as I am in the Asian time zone and it is Friday...

Regards

Can somebody from NT/Kinetick please chime in as it is very late at night where I am located
    I have had no response from either NT platform support or Kinetick by email and still cannot login

Comment

Hello torento​,

Thank you for the post.

The Kinetick support team has contacted you via email (Ticket Reference: 03555157) as of this morning; please ensure that [email protected] is whitelisted in your email and firewall/security applications and that you have checked your junk and spam email folders.

We are seeing your Kinetick account as active. Please follow the connection guide below exactly to create your Kinetick connection:
      If you are still unable to connect, please email [email protected] with your Kinetick username and password and we will test your connection on our end. Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

We look forward to assisting you.

Comment

Day 3 and still no data feed or usefull response from here or Kinetick and now it's Friday after hours....
        The only response I receive is to make sure it's configured correctly & I have configured everything correctly.....

Last edited by torento; 12-03-2022, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Hello torento​,

Thank you for the response.

Another email regarding your inquiry has been sent to you to help troubleshoot this issue.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

The issue persists
            I can now connect on my laptop but cannot connect on my trading PC & I have no idea why
            I am also unable to connect to Kinetick - EOD (Free) which I was able to connect to late last week
            I have had Kinetick data before on the same PC & internet connection without issue

Both Live & EOD Kinetick get stuck on Connecting & do not connect nor do I receive an error message or log entry cannot connect just stuck connecting indefinitely

My Kinetick: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
            Kinetick – End Of Day (Free): Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting

I've uninstalled & removed NT8 + NT7 files & reinstalled with no change, fresh install without importing backup file

Disabled virus protection & firewall

Confirmed NT8 is firewall enabled

Tried a different internet connection (wireless hotspot)

Tried NT8 in Safe Mode

I can connect to NT Continuum without issue
            Playback Connection & simulated data feeds are OK

I only have issues with the Kinetick Data feeds

Is it possible that a file or plugin is corrupt or missing?

Thanks​
            Last edited by torento; 12-06-2022, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Conflicting Software Kamo by Piriform

I figured out the issue to be conflicting software, but it's only effecting the Kinetick Connections

I purchased a copy of CCleaner Pro which came with a program named "Kamo" for online tracking protection
              I have not been using the VPN, it's designed to be Web Browser protection but for some reason it's messing with the Kinetick Connections both Free EOD & Live Data

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes