Drawing Tool Menu too short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Tool Menu too short

My Drawing Tool menu is so short, it only shows about half of the drawing tools I have and I have to use the vertical scroll bar in the drop-down menu to see the tools I want to see. I've seen videos of other NT8 users and their Drawing menu is much longer than mine. How do I make my drop-down menu longer? Thanks.

Hello bmaltz​,
    Thank you for your post.

In order to better assist you, can you please include a screenshot of what you are describing? I have included instructions below on how to include a screenshot in your response.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    I look forward to resolving this matter.​
    Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

here is a screen shot of what I'm talking about. As I said, I've seen videos of other NT8 users; and their Drawing Tool menu is much longer than mine and they don't have the vertical scroll bar.
      https://app.screencast.com/rdgCHNJnwPcFh

Comment

Hello bmaltz​,
        Thank you for your response.

After reviewing your screenshot, we could not replicate this error. This could be because of your 3rd Party Add-Ons you have installed on the platform. So we can further diagnose your system, please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces.
        • Connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies.
        • Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Exit NinjaTrader.
        • Hold the Ctrl (Control) key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the Ctrl (Control) key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Once you have opened the platform in safe mode:
        • Reconnect to your Data Provider
        • Go to Control Center > Workspaces > New > Give this Workspace a unique name like "Test" and click OK
        • Open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues with this new workspace, go to Control Center > Workspaces > hover over the workspace you just made and click Save.
        • Once saved, hover over all other open Workspaces and click Close until only the Test Workspace you just made is open

Now, click X out of the platform and select "No" to "Do you want to save changes"

Now reopen the platform like normal. It should open to the workspace you just created.
        • Is everything still working as expected?
        • Now try opening the other workspace that was bringing in the unwanted behavior
        • If this reintroduces issues, this lets us know that the 3rd party add-ons brought in the unwanted behavior.

I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that you may narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

I look forward to resolving this matter.​
        Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses