Text Drawing Tool problem in v8.0.27.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text Drawing Tool problem in v8.0.27.0

First of all, sorry if this problem has been reported already; I searched and did not find any.

The issue is "Text" (in Drawing Tool) does not allow you to enter text directly. That is, after left click on chart, it closes immediately. You have to go to "Drawing Objects", find the "Text" object and enter the text from there.

This happened after updating to latest version (8.0.27.0)
    I tried it on a clean install and also on Safe Mode and get the same behavior.

Hello satoyama,

Thank you for the note.

I am currently using version 8.0.27.0 and am able to draw text on a chart without any issues.

Please make sure that your mouse cursor isn't accidentally "Double-clicking" when you are trying to click to place the text; this would place it and then cause it to be done editing forcing you to edit it from the drawing tools menu.
    • As a test, try clicking the Up arrow on a quantity selector somewhere, does the quantity go up by 1 number or by 2? If it goes up by 2, this lets you know your mouse is double-clicking for some reason.
    If this behavior continues, please provide a step-by-step description of the steps you are taking that result in this or record a short video with your phone or screen capture software of you performing these steps and the results.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If my mouse is inadvertently double clicking, that is something I will notice as it can be disastrous while trading.
      After stating that I went as far as to make a clean install, and also testing on Safe Mode, I was expecting a better response than the shallow conclusion you arrived at.

I reinstalled 8.0.26.1 and the problem disappeared.
      I reinstalled 8.0.27.0 and the problem is there again. However, I am going to keep this version as it has major revisions and the "Text" issue is a minor one, that I hope you will at least forward to the developers.

I do not need any further assistance.
      Thank you for your time.
      Last edited by satoyama; 12-02-2022, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Handclap0241