NinjaTrader ver. 8.0.27 - SQLite error "SQLite.Interop.dll"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader ver. 8.0.27 - SQLite error "SQLite.Interop.dll"

WARNING: NT-8 version 8.0.27 if installed on a fresh clean machine does not load with an error "can not load SQLite.Interop.dll".
    NT-8 ver. 8.0.27 is based on "new" database SQLite instead of on a MS SQL Server (which is in reality a licensed long time ago a Sybase SQL server).
    The reason seems - on the first sight - with building NT-8 project with SQLite by NT-8 developers.
    You can find numerous various posts about this SQLite.DLL error here and there, not related to NinjaTrader.
    But the problem is that developers of NinjaTrader MISSED the of SQLite database's relation to MS Visual C redistributable library dated 2022, or 2015-2022, and it's dependence.
    The solution:
    1). For the user-trader: install the latest MS VC redistributable for x64 system:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cp...?view=msvc-170

2). Or/And : the develores on NT-8 to link the entire NT8 project with *** STATIC *** MS VC library (please dont tell me about "advantages" of dynamic linking, which is in reality a DLL nightmare, like this).
    3). Or/And: add the presence of MS VC redistributable to the list of NT-8 requirements.
    Last edited by AlexEro; 12-05-2022, 12:44 AM.

Hello AlexEro,

This would be an issue with the local computer you are installing NinjaTrader on, and not an issue with the NinjaTrader installer or platform.

I'd like to schedule a call with you to investigate further. Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just as a "heads-up";
      I installed SQL Server 2022 (developer version) on my system and this affected the "optimizer" to where it would lock NT after a few optimization runs...
      To fix it, I un-installed SQL Server (and the associated "baggage") and all seems to be back to normal.
      Notes:
      1. I previously had SQL Server 2017 running with NT with no issues so it could be the new NT version OR the new Sql Server version...
      2. SQL install added ODBC drivers and OLEDB drivers, and who knows what else...
      3. At the same time I disabled "EDGE" but that should have nothing to do with it.
      This is Windows 11 OS with 32gigs...
      Walt

UPDATE: uninstalling SQL Server did NOT resolve the issue and NT just stops with "Not responding" error; I will log a bug...
      Last edited by waltFX; 01-24-2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Hello AlexEro,

Thank you for providing a follow up with the environment on this computer causing the behavior.

I'll keep this forum thread noted for any future clients with a similar environment.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses