Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All sorts of errors after installing most recent version of Ninjatrader 8

Hi,

I installed the most recent version of Ninjatrader over the weekend, and now my charts keep freezing and I'm getting the following error messages:

- Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    - Unhandled exception: Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held. This pattern is prone to deadlocks. Please ensure that read locks are released before taking a write lock. If an upgrade is necessary, use an upgrade lock in place of the read lock.

I've had to restart it four times this morning.

Please help.
    Attached Files

Hello RideMe,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so that I may investigate the issue.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, 03561150
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay. I just sent it. The first time I tried however, my computer completely crashed after hitting send.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Just wondering if this is being looked into. Ninjatrader has effectively become unusable. Charts keep freezing and I have to restart every 15 minutes.

Thank you.

Comment

When can I expect a response on this? I have emailed the log and trace files over a week ago. The problem was particularly bad yesterday.

Comment

Hello RideMe,

Thank you for those files.

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to verify if this behavior is being caused by a 3rd-party add-on using the steps below.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
            • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
            • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
            • Getting instrument updates from the server
            To enable Safe Mode, please use the following steps:
            • Shut down NinjaTrader.
            • Hold the CTRL key and double-click the NinjaTrader icon.
            • Keep holding the CTRL key until you see the Control Center.
            • You may then verify you are in Safe Mode by going to Help -> About.
            Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode:
            • Reconnect to your Data Provider
            • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
            Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?
            • If not, please try opening your previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down. It may already show as being open. Hit 'close' and do not save and then re-open it again for your windows to re-appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are running in Safe Mode.
            Does the behavior return on your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?
            • If not, restart NinjaTrader, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If this reintroduces issues, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 add-on at a time.
            • Please keep track of what add-ons you add back in to identify the cause of the behavior if it returns.
            If it does not return, it indicates the error was isolated only to your other Workspace. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a working version of it if the issue returns. You will want to keep this backup file on an external hard drive or uploaded to a cloud drive such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.

To create a backup, go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup File. Additional information about backups may be read in our Help Guide linked below.

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.​
            Sean H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

did you fix it?
              I just downloaded the newest version on this whole new 'global' mess, and if I try to do anything like his the 'new' tab, I get the message about 'unhandled exception object reference not set'

I wish there was an option to not update and just always leave things alone lol

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH