Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log & trace files sent.

Further testing:

(1) Pressing "Reload all Historical Data" results in a gap of five hours. The last candle loaded with historical data was five hours ago. Then current live data commences.

(2) Noting that this matches my timezone (UTC-5) I tried changing it to (UTC-8).

(3) Pressing "Reload all Historical Data" reloads the chart with an eight hour gap.

It appears that 8.0.27.0 has some "timezone conversion" problem in requesting data from IB.​

Comment

Originally posted by nt22trader View Post
      Log & trace files sent.

Further testing:

(1) Pressing "Reload all Historical Data" results in a gap of five hours. The last candle loaded with historical data was five hours ago. Then current live data commences.

(2) Noting that this matches my timezone (UTC-5) I tried changing it to (UTC-8).

(3) Pressing "Reload all Historical Data" reloads the chart with an eight hour gap.

It appears that 8.0.27.0 has some "timezone conversion" problem in requesting data from IB.​
      So I sent my log and trace files and the answer I got was because I am running windows 7 Professional they can't help me. I have to be running at least 8.1, 10, or 11. I think it's total BS. WIN7PRO runs everything just fine. It always has. I still run IB without a hitch. Just a cop out. So if you don't mind would you please pass along to me whatever fix they give you (if they do) so I can get back to running NT8 and IB. Thanks.

Comment

I've sent my log and trace files twice. I keep telling them the problem is gaps in historical data when connected to Interactive Brokers, and to reference this thread. I am not sure why are handling this issue individually, as if the problem is unique to each of us. This support to this issue is unbelievably bad.

Comment

Originally posted by szayedoud View Post
          I've sent my log and trace files twice. I keep telling them the problem is gaps in historical data when connected to Interactive Brokers, and to reference this thread. I am not sure why are handling this issue individually, as if the problem is unique to each of us. This support to this issue is unbelievably bad.
          I agree. There are several threads asking the same questions about IB and our problem. They are as you said, trying to keep a lid on it by addressing it by individual in secret by requesting log & trace files. They should just put out the fix and let everyone know what is wrong.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you everyone for posting and emailing us.

Our Development team has confirmed that issue (gap on a chart when using Interactive Brokers connection) is on our end and will be fixed in the R27.1 release of the NinjaTrader platform.

Once the new release is available, it will be posted here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
            Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oxana, Do you have an approximate timeframe for R27.1. It's unusable in its current form.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Oxana View Post
                Hello,

Thank you everyone for posting and emailing us.

Our Development team has confirmed that issue (gap on a chart when using Interactive Brokers connection) is on our end and will be fixed in the R27.1 release of the NinjaTrader platform.

Once the new release is available, it will be posted here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                Honesty is refreshing. So how long do you think it will be before we can use NT with IB?

Comment

Our next platform release will address this, as of now there is not a set timeline we can provide for that release.

Comment

For those following this thread, R27.1 appears to have been released. And the gaps are no longer present in data.

Comment

are we still required to use the older 10.19.1c? I got an email from IB saying the following:

On January 4, 2023, complimentary real-time non-consolidated market data from CBOE One will be disabled for the version of the desktop trading platform that you previously logged in to.

In order to maintain access market data from CBOE One, you must download and install the latest version of the application before January 4, 2023.

Failure to update will result in loss of access to your real-time non-consolidate market data feed on the platform.

Comment

Hello szayedoud ​,

Thank you for your post.

10.19.1c is currently the required version. Newer versions may work without issue, but these have been untested by our Development team.

They will look into it and once the new version is approved, it will be listed in our Connection Guide.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristianN View Post
                          Anyone still experiencing issues can send their log and trace files to [email protected] with the reference number "03562921".

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files:
                          • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to "Documents" > Open the "NinjaTrader 7/8" folder
                          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
                          sent you my files and haven't heard back.

Comment

Hello diver ​,
                            Thank you for your post.

Please make sure to use the 10.19.1c version of TWS or IB Gateway, listed in our Connection Guide as other versions may have unintended results.
                            Please also make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader — 8.0.27.1 (Help>About).

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                            • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                            • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                            • Enter your license key and press Submit
                            • Select 'Download'
                            • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Please connect in the IB Trader’s Workstation first and then connect in the NinjaTrader, by going to Control Center>Connect and selecting your IB connection.

If you continue to experience the same, please send us your log and trace files from the NinjaTrader platform by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please also add to your email a link to that forum page.

Comment

For clarity, what should be used (TWS or IB Gateway) to submit and manage Orders in an IB account, solely from NinjaTrader?

The NinjaTrader Connection Guide for Interactive Brokers says:
                              There are two interfaces which can be used to connect NinjaTrader to an Interactive Brokers account. You only need to follow one of the initial setup instructions outlined on this page for the interface you plan on using:
                              • IB Trader’s Workstation (TWS) – Fully featured Trading Application provided by Interactive Brokers (allows you to view and manage API orders which were submitted through NinjaTrader)
                              • IB Gateway – Lightweight Interactive Brokers interface (provides status updates on the API connection but does not provide interface to manage API orders)​
                              It seems that TWS would be required, not IB Gateway. Is that correct?

Thanks.
                              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                              jeronymite
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello jeronymite​,
                                Thank you for your post.

Either one would work as long as you are on the fully supported version of Trader Workstation (10.19.1c) or Gateway (10.19.1c) as outlined in your Interactive Brokers Connection Guide Below:You may find the version you are using by going to Help > About within Trader Workstation or Gateway.

If you are not using these listed version then I would recommend uninstalling the current version you are using and then using the download links in the Connection Guide above to install the supported versions.​

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                                Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by dcriador, Today, 12:06 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post dcriador  
                                Started by dcriador, Today, 12:04 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes