Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ES Mini/micro contract rollover dates not available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES Mini/micro contract rollover dates not available?

Hi

Apparently today is the contract rollover date but... I can't see the March 2023 contract in the dropdown list?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

You can type the contract date into the chart and hit Enter.

Comment

I have the same problem. In the past there would always be a popup window stating that it was contract rollover time and this time it didn't appear. Also when you go to database management it doesn't show ES or MES as part of the rollover group of instruments. Something is definitely not as before.
      Please tell us -how can we update our charts to ES and MES 3-23 contracts? I have never had to manually type it in before, and also many other instruments where showing rollover but no sign of ES 3-23 or MES 3-23 anywhere in the instruments list.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristianN View Post
        Hello,

Thanks for the note.

You can type the contract date into the chart and hit Enter.
        Tried that - massive 1 minute candle at the moment not reflected in normal charts - what's that?

Comment

I got the same thing - a massive candle. Also the charts are not updating properly on the 03-23 charts after manually typing the contract in. The 12-22 contracts are working like normal. I just updated Windows and downloaded the new latest version of NT and the behavior is still the same. Also the MES and ES 03-23 contracts are still not showing up in the database even after updating instrument lists. Can someone please help us resolve this asap?

Comment

Hello,

Go to Tools > Options > Market Data and set Global Merge Policy to "Do not merge".

Comment

Even if that works, we never had to do that before, and it will prevent the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly charts from looking correct and well, showing continuous data. This seems like a band-aid that doesn't even address or answer the question of why are these contracts not showing up in the database and showing up for rollover like all the other contracts. This has never happened before. Can you please explain and fix?

Comment

Prices are not matching between "rolling contract" on Trading View charts and either Dec 2022 or Mar 2023 on NT/IB data

Any idea?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TV.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1226834

Click image for larger version

Name:	NT.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1226833
                Attached Files

Comment

So is this why NT charts are not matching TradingView rollover contract? (TradingView has rolled it today)

"CME Equity products roll date has recently changed to the Monday prior to the third Friday of the expiration month.

The ES 12-22 will roll to the ES 03-23 on December 12th.​"

Comment

That's news to me -where did you receive that info from? It would be nice if CME and or NinjaTrader brokerage or someone would have advertised this. I've been trading futures for more than a decade and this is the first I've heard of the rollover change date to Monday before the 3rd Fri?

Comment

Looks to me like #Irukandji’s quote would likely explain
                      To contribute (hopefully, rather than complicate/confuse…) to NT or someone figuring out WT*IGO
                      - FWIW/FYI I’m stuck on r26.0 due to garbage Livestream button datahog introduced in 26.1, 26.1 re-release and 27.0 so following applies to 26.0
                      - Rollover Notification message: it appeared for me yesterday as normal so absence may be a 27.0 issue. Only 3 US Stock Index Futures - can’t recall which
                      - I elected not to roll. I roll based on Volume not date (a Feature many have requested over the years as provided in Sierra and others) which I compare in a Market Analyser workspace and none had rolled over. I did have the next Front Months in there so they had been ‘available’ to add rather than ‘missing’. But I would type them in at last rollover

Seems likely NT may not have updated their dates at the root of it.

Ill take a look at volumes on Monday & chime in again if I have anything useful

HAGW

Comment

ChristianN, tried your suggestion, typed in ES 3-23, and my chart announced - "Invalid Instrument. Please select a different Instrument". Wow, no go..........

Comment

#TMan55 ES 03-23 - need the leading Zero for the month iirc

Comment

OK so I believe the answers may be as follows:

I use ES, NQ, YM & RTY. As mentioned above, I got the roll message last week but not for one of them - couldn't recall which. I got it today: ES
                            I checked Volume and they've either rolled or will today.

My guess is that I got the roll message last week for NQ, YM and RTY and not ES which I got today.
                            This suggests to me Ninja updated ES's roll date per the CME Announcement on Equity Futures moving to the Monday which is why I received it today, and didn't do so for the other Equity Products I'm using hence their messages still came out last Thursday

I then accepted the Notification request to rollover and everything behaved as expected.

There was a 'minor curiosity' in how that completed, I believe which is to do with using the Notification to instigate the rollover (rather than via Database Management) but it isn't important imho - important is that once all rollover dates had been passed, simply 'accepting' worked as normal/expected - charts and doms rolled, no gaps in data etc. etc.

There are some confusions in the thread I believe as to what 'should' happen - you won't see the next Contract in the Instrument List, menus etc. until it becomes the current Contract i.e. rolls over unless you manually add it, type in on the Chart etc. etc. But this all shouldn't matter if it now 'just works' as it used to - once the roll date has passed, today - as it did for me.

I know for certain that I got roll messages for NQ, YM and RTY last week on the 'old dates', and for certain I didn't get ES until today, the new date.

So it seems the problems came about if you 'manually' rolled ES on the old date hence early because weren't aware of the change, and/or rolled other Equity products on prompting from NT8's Notifications because Ninja had only updated the date on ES (for sure hadn't on NQ, YM, RTY)

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
                              OK so I believe the answers may be as follows:

I use ES, NQ, YM & RTY. As mentioned above, I got the roll message last week but not for one of them - couldn't recall which. I got it today: ES
                              I checked Volume and they've either rolled or will today.

My guess is that I got the roll message last week for NQ, YM and RTY and not ES which I got today.
                              This suggests to me Ninja updated ES's roll date per the CME Announcement on Equity Futures moving to the Monday which is why I received it today, and didn't do so for the other Equity Products I'm using hence their messages still came out last Thursday

I then accepted the Notification request to rollover and everything behaved as expected.

There was a 'minor curiosity' in how that completed, I believe which is to do with using the Notification to instigate the rollover (rather than via Database Management) but it isn't important imho - important is that once all rollover dates had been passed, simply 'accepting' worked as normal/expected - charts and doms rolled, no gaps in data etc. etc.

There are some confusions in the thread I believe as to what 'should' happen - you won't see the next Contract in the Instrument List, menus etc. until it becomes the current Contract i.e. rolls over unless you manually add it, type in on the Chart etc. etc. But this all shouldn't matter if it now 'just works' as it used to - once the roll date has passed, today - as it did for me.

I know for certain that I got roll messages for NQ, YM and RTY last week on the 'old dates', and for certain I didn't get ES until today, the new date.

So it seems the problems came about if you 'manually' rolled ES on the old date hence early because weren't aware of the change, and/or rolled other Equity products on prompting from NT8's Notifications because Ninja had only updated the date on ES (for sure hadn't on NQ, YM, RTY)

Hope this helps

Goodmorning, newbie here and thank you for the posts. I'm still having the roll over issue as in I never received the rollover message yet. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled apex and NT, and still didn't get the message. I manually entered the chart name and I was getting some really weird looking chart data with massive gaps and minutes readout issues. This morning, as of now, It seems to be working but I still have NOT received the roll over message and on the dropdown list, most all the charts are still 12-22. Any ideas to force the rollover message? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by marcus2300, Yesterday, 10:21 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post marcus2300  
                              Started by skorpn, Today, 01:28 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post skorpn