No longer able to print chart images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No longer able to print chart images

I print a chart image every day for review using Microsoft Print to PDF. When I look at my image from December 15th it's just a blank page with only the Ninjatrader copyright at the bottom left. I tried printing the same chart to my laser printer and the result it the same. I tried a normal word document and was able to print to PDF and to my physical printer with no issue.

I've removed and reinstalled the Microsoft Print to PDF printer and also disabled then re-enabled it in Windows 10. I also updated Ninjatrader from version 8.0.26 to 8.0.27 with no change.

Any suggestions to try and resolve this?​

Hello big4luck,

Thank you for your post.

So that we may investigate further please write into support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.

And please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so that we may further investigate this matter.
    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I print charts of each instrument I trade at the end of day, every day
      Today, same as #OP except simpler - I just Ctrl+P straight off the chart - no print to pdf etc.
      No changes made to anything - other than latest Windows Update installed today…..
      Same as #OP - the only thing printed is the NT Copyright lettering.
      Please advise.

Kind regards,

Comment

I had also installed the latest Windows update so I wondered if it was related. I uninstalled the most recent update (KB5020872 in my case) and that appears to have fixed the problem. When I restarted, Windows automatically installed a new update (KB5020613) but I am still able to print my chart window. Maybe that will help you as well.

Cheers,

Comment

#Big4Luck - many thanks, that was to be my next step today. Good to know

Comment

Tried downloading last update, didn’t fix. Downloaded next update, after removal it then downloaded a later update than what had been last, & then all gtg thereafter
            Last edited by brucerobinson; 12-18-2022, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Fixed the issue for me...thanks big4luck

Comment

I still have to uninstall windows update every time I want to print a report. Is this going to be an ongoing issue ??

Comment

I had the same issue since December 13, 2022. Another windows could be printed to PDF without problems, except NinjaTrader 8. Today I followed the advice from big4luck and uninstall KB5020880 installed on December 13, 2022, I have Windows 11. It fixed the problem.

Comment

But the next day Windows reinstalled this update and I got the same issue again.

Comment

#SuperDuper11 - I have same problem. There is a duplicate thread on here on the problem in which NT Jason provides a Microsoft KB workaround. However the workaround isn't recommended as it opens up a security vulnerability the Update fixes. According to the MS KB article it is only some apps that are reporting this problem

The workaround works for me, but it means the security vulnerability the Update fixe is then exposed, and MS don't recommend

What I'm trying to do is put the regedit Update Disable into a couple of desktop shortcuts so I can click a shortcut to run the regedit to block the particular part of the Update, print from NT, click another shortcut to unblock the Update. I think I should be able to get there but a bit above my paygrade a so WIP atm.. As the MS KB article says only some apps are reporting this problem maybe NT will do it and post in the app share

Comment

Microsoft offers 2 workarounds to fix this problem: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-5eebc4e34556
                        In my case the first one did not work, but the second one worked just fine. The only thing, they don't mention to restart after each installation.

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
                          I print charts of each instrument I trade at the end of day, every day
                          Today, same as #OP except simpler - I just Ctrl+P straight off the chart - no print to pdf etc.
                          No changes made to anything - other than latest Windows Update installed today…..
                          Same as #OP - the only thing printed is the NT Copyright lettering.
                          Please advise.

Kind regards,
                          This does not work for me either. It appears the functionality in NinjaTrader to print the chart might be broken (though it might be the Windows Update that broke it).
                          Bruce DeVault
                          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

#Quantkey_Bruce
                            FYI FWIW:
                            1st fix didn’t work for me although it didn’t return a fail error so I guess it ran successfully but didn’t fix the problem
                            2nd did work

I see there was an OOB Update released available from the MS Update catalogue which is supposedly the ‘proper’ fix if you haven’t tried it/not aware. I haven’t.

I have a feeling I might have seen a NET Framework & OS Update taking place within last few days, so maybe fix in there also.

I guess I’ll find out if I disable the Dec 22 wpf patch disable!
                            KR

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                            47 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aligator  
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes