Mouse and Chart hang up/skips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse and Chart hang up/skips

I dont know exactly how to put this into words that is easy to understand, but ive been having this issue for a LONG time where my crosshair and the chart sort of hang up for a split second every now and again. This makes placing a trade in a fast moving market quite challenging, almost dangerous.

Basically when I have ninjatrader open, ill be moving the chart or crosshair across the screen moving things as you do throughout the day, and my mouse or the chart will "snag" for a split second before carrying on doing what im demanding of it. This causes things to jump.

Imagine youre slowly moving your crosshair across the screen, then it stops on its own for a split second, then continues, which then causes a jerk. Its quite frustrating and does it all the time no matter if the market is slow or fast.

I dont have alot of indicators or charts. Just one workspace with one chart and no DOM. Im using a laptop connected to a large 39" external monitor.

Would be great if someone could help with this. Its quite annoying and all I want is for everything to move reliably and smoothly at all times, especially as my demand on the software is quite small compared to other people.

Imho looks like a graphics issue, not an NT8 issue per se. I’ve experienced similar in the past. There was a time when it was NT’s coding responsible - when resources are exhausted it’s always a tension between resources available and efficiency of the code which makes the demands).
    I don’t know your setup (nor have the expertise to comment) other than as you rightly point your demands are relatively benign and on face value wouldn’t expect a problem. So I’d err toward investigating what’s going on with your hardware and firmware - make sure you’ve got the latest graphics drivers (from card manufacturer if poss), use Windows Task Manager/Perf Mon to see if graphics memory is maxing out particularly when you experience the ‘stutter’ and take a look for other graphics-related diagnostic software (can’t recall names specifically but there are several) with the primary objective being to identify if your graphics hardware maxing out is the cause of the stutter, and if so can it be fixed with a firmware update or the like.
    A simple first diagnostic - you don’t mention if this occurs only with the external monitor attached, if the external is higher resolution than laptop screen, if you are running both concurrently or not etc.
    Hope this gives you some pointers. If not, I tried!

Comment

Hello JesseOffshore,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend following bruce's recommendation as those would be some basic computing item to check.

You may also check out the NinjaTrader 8 Performance Tips for additional items to check.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post r68cervera  
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes