Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backup Historical Data Corrupting. Supports answer delete historical database.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup Historical Data Corrupting. Supports answer delete historical database.....

I built a new Win 11 PC & Backups loaded from my old Win 10 PC corrupt Historical Min Data

I write here as email Supports answer was to Delete the Historical data and redownload

This is not an option, I'm a long time user & have a large priceless database all of which cannot be redownloaded, I consistently back it up to make sure I NEVER lose the data

I find it unacceptable for email support to brush off the issue & just suggest the easy route of deleting the data

I have tried importing multiple backups & everything else in a backup loads as it should including Daily & Tick data

Only Min data is effected.
    Min charts load fine when I am not connected to a data feed
    The issue occurs when I am connected to a data feed (Continuum) attempting to load Min charts or download Min data NT8 Freezes and needs to be closed through Windows task manager

How can I Backup the data on the Win 10 PC so it will not corrupt on import into the Win 11 PC
    I have double checked that all date/time settings are identical on both PC's & in NT8
    Win 10 backups to Win 10 PC work fine
    Last edited by torento; 01-06-2023, 11:50 PM.

Hello torento,

I suggest to try to manually copy/paste the historical minute data from your old PC to your new PC. Historical minute data is stored in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->minute folder. While NinjaTrader is shut down, please make a copy of this folder and then transfer it to your new computer. Delete the minute folder on your new computer and then replace it with the minute folder from your old computer. Start NinjaTrader and check if the historical minute data is present. You can check this at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your answer would take a ridiculously long time exporting & importing every single futures contract with the way NT stores historical data.

One has to export each and every symbol Day - Min - Tick data into separate files and import each and every file individually... NT does not even export the files into Tick - Min - Day they all have the same file name so we have to create 3 separate files in our PC (Tick - Min - Day) for each and every futures contract

As the Min data is corrupting I do not have confidence in the Day & Tick data either.

Has anybody even attempted to recreate the issue on your end?
      with Merge non back adjusted futures contracts settings

The issue ONLY occurs when I connect to Continuum otherwise the data loads and charts fine, something is occurring when Continuum connects

It's strange as when connected to Continuum sometimes I can load up to about 70 days of data of say a 60 min chart before the program locks up
      At other times I can load hundreds of days of 60 Min data without issue but when I change to 1440 Min the program locks up, again only when Continuum is connected

Comment

You could copy and paste the entire db-->minute folder to transfer all historical minute data.

I don't experience this issue when I'm connected to NinjaTrader Continuum and it loads historical data (merge non back adjusted).

Can you please send me your log and trace files so that I may investigate.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, 03625082

Do you have any indicators or add-ons applied in the chart when it freezes? If so, can you please test a new chart without a chart template and check if the issue persists.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have attempted a clean install with only data imported without indicators or add-ons with no difference

This is definitely happening I am not dreaming this, when I ask if you've attempted to recreate have you attempted transferring a FULL backup file from a win 10 PC to a Win 11 PC with a large amount of data for multiple instruments & restoring from backup, setting futures roll to Non back adjusted (ES is having issues for me) Connecting continuum and attempt to load charts with multiple different Min values and loading different amounts of data

Generally I can load a chart but when I attempt to load a certain amount of data or switch timeframes the program freezes & has to be closed through windows task manager
          About 10% of the time I receive an error message which I'll post

I cannot send log & trace files as I needed to remove the data for now so I can use the program but I have sent them prior to support

When you say copy & paste the entire db--> minute folder to transfer historic minute data are you referring to the Documents Ninjatrader 8 db folder
          Can I attempt to copy from 1 pc and manually paste it into the other & it should load if so I'll attempt this over the weekend to see if it works
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello torento,

Thank you for your post!

Yes, historical minute data is stored in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db > minute folder. While NinjaTrader is shut down, you can make a copy of this folder and then transfer it to your new computer. You can then save the copy to a flash drive, email it to yourself, or store to Google Drive. Then, you'd want to delete the minute folder on your new computer and replace it with the minute folder from your old computer. You can check if the historical minute data is present by going to the Control Center > Tools > Historical Data.
            Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes