Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

displacement in "Strategy An.-Chart"

Hello,
    Could you tell me why in Strategy Analyzer-Chart, it does not show the Donchian Chanel indicator, with the displacement defined inside the indicator...?
    If I include in the code "displacement=1", the rest of the indicators of the strategy (ema, Ema...) are also displaced, and this is not what I want.
    Thanks​

Hello elopezh,

Can you provide more detail on what your end goal is? The Displacement property is for visual use only so if you are using that in a strategy it is not likely what you wanted. Conditions won't use a displaced value and would still use the values as you see them with no displacement.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,
      Of course; What I want is that an indicator (for example Ch. Donchian) is shown in "St. Analyzer->Chart", as when I add it in a normal chart, that is to say, with its displacement defined in *.cs (see picture).

As I said, I have tried to move it inside the strategy code (displacement=1), but this causes the rest of the added indicators to be displaced as well, which I don't want.​

Comment

Hello elopezh,

When using indicators with AddChartIndicator that should strip the displacement from them because they are being hosted by the strategy where displacement is not used. Displacement is strictly a visual property for manually applied indicators on a standard chart. Strategies can also render so they also have an inherited Displacement property for the intention of displacing Plots which the strategy made on a normal chart. This is otherwise not manually configurable on a strategy.

When using AddChartindicator in a normal chart or the analyzer you should see that the coded Displacement in indicators is ignored. You can program Displacement into the strategy however that should not affect the analyzer chart and should only affect indicators on the normal chart.

If the overall goal is just to visually displace the AddChartIndicator then you can't do that in that window. If your intention was to access the displaced data in the strategy in some way then we need to cover that instead of using the displacement property.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Perfect, indeed the goal is only to visually displace the AddChartIndicator, so in the strategy code I include the displacement (displacement=1), but this affects all indicators.....
          Is there any way to program a displacement for each AddChartIndicator?​ (See photo)

Comment

Hello elopezh,

There is not a way that I am aware of to displace individual indicators aside from manually applying them to a chart to displace them.

Comment

All correct, thanks for the information and promptness Jesse, good day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post aussugardefender  
              Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes