Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum error 403

Didn't know where else to post...

When trying to post in a thread (existing or new) on several occasions I've had problems.And a few times (different threads, one I was trying to start anew with hugely user-unfriendly and frustrating Error 403

I deduce it doesn't like the contents, but not what.....
    Any ideas?

KR

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for your post!

I've not experienced or heard of this issue. Could you please post a screenshot of the entire error message the next time this occurs so that we may investigate further?

Thank you very much, I look forward to your reply!
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What browser are you using?

Comment

brucerobinson If this corresponds with an HTTP error 403, it means "Access to the requested resource is forbidden. The server understood the request, but will not fulfill it". Now it may be something quite different, but if it's this, the question is why.

Some weeks back I had a problem in the Forum where, from a notification, I tried to access a post in a thread to which I was subscribed and it failed with a message that said "Sorry, you are not authorised to view this page". Weirdness. But that is a bit like an underlying HTTP 403 error. The explanation from NT Support was that the post in question had been deleted and so was no longer available. ... Not the ideal way to design an auto-response to a user request in those circumstances.

The point of mentioning this is that because your 403 might be HTTP 403, and because there were similar "access denied" oddities in the Forum previously, it's possible that what was just a badly-worded error message has been "improved" to now be a generic error code that still has no useful meaning to most people.

Whatever your issue (and I hope it can be diagnosed and fixed quickly for you), when a post is deleted but there are "dangling" URLs pointing to it (non-existently!), a message of the following form is much preferred: "Message has been deleted and is no longer available".

Given you experienced the error whilst attempting to post, it may well be a different issue.

Thanks.
        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
        jeronymite
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello all,

I've reached out to our IT Team for further investigation into any changes that could have caused this. I'll follow up with you as soon as I know more!
          Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Kennedy, jeronymite, bltdavid thanks.
            Browser - MS Edge
            Can’t post message as a) not at pc, b) would have to do the whole exercise again to generate it zzzzz
            jeronymite - ‘doesn’t like content’: I’m inclined to agree with your powers of deduction, that you’re correct with this. So to elaborate (I’m seldom guilty of providing too little info but on this occasion….! I have zero idea whether it is browser (MS), Forum (NT, although would think is ‘white-ladled not own creation), whatever - I just know it’s not helpful!)

General and specific:
            There’s an issue with NT App not able to print after latest Windows Update (Forum thread ‘Print Problems’ I won’t post link here as may generate the problem)
            NinjaTrader_Jason posted a link in that thread to MS KB article with a Fix, but MS do not advise it as it opens a security vulnerability pc-wide

I sought some advice here on how to use the KB regedit temporarily only whilst printing from NT (daily, but only for a couple of mins)
            I copied/pasted a http: link to the Ninja forum thread, and copy/pasted some post contents incl. link to Jason’s MS KB

I did this on a reply to NT_Jason’s post also in a different manner and got a similar problem albeit some different messages I can’t recall but along similar lines and strings of random characters and numbers. Eventually I was able to get it to post by deleting most of what I’d posted - probably enabled after deleting a link in the post

So to jeronymite your deductions are consistent, thank you.
            To NinjaTrader_Kennedy if it is per above - I can’t see any reason it should be doing this (& I’m sure I’ve done this mundane operation before - all I’m doing is copying a hyperlink to a forum thread and copying content which includes a link (Jason’s to a MS KB) all of which are valid, current and secure.

Nothing ‘borderline behaviour’ to risky locations etc.

I’m sure people do this all the time.

Look for what’s changed - I see the forum has changed with pop-up spelling edit suggestions etc. I suspect a smoking gun.

I also copy/pasted the MS KB regedit script in the text-body of the post. Might it not like that & think it malicious? I can trial and error but it takes an age. As a layperson what I’m attempting is simple - copy/paste content and links. Error 403 indeed. How’s that helpful?

And there goes another day of my life I don’t get back.

Thanks all

Edit: I see that whilst writing this another poster on the print issue. There are two threads running concurrently on the print problem which isn’t helpful - should be merged

PS - what I was trying to post to the Print Problem thread was how to put the MS KB regedit into a couple desktop shortcuts which will run the regedit in command line to switch off the Windows Update to print, then switch it back on when finished - rather than disable the update with pc-wide security vulnerability permanently.
            I’d rather not be doing this at all ;-)
            Last edited by brucerobinson; 01-13-2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

A "403 Forbidden" error may occur due to various reasons: insufficient permissions, lacking appropriate resource access, or misconfigured security settings. The server's settings could be wrongly configured, hindering access, while corrupted server files might also trigger this error. Additionally, during a DDoS attack, resource access could be temporarily blocked to safeguard against the attack.

To address a "403 Forbidden" error, consider these steps: Verify your permissions for resource access. Ensure the server's security settings aren't obstructing your access. Temporarily disable third-party browser extensions to eliminate potential conflicts. Reboot your device as a simple troubleshooting step. If issues persist, contacting the website administrator might be necessary after exhausting prior measures.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920