Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts Will Not Load

Hi,

Yesterday I started having issues with the NT8. So uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the newest verision and I tried installing the previous version to see if that would help but nothing has. Nothing on the charts are loading when I connect to my Apex connection or when I connect to playback connection.

Something strange I noticed when I tried to open a new ES chart is it defaulted to the 12-17 contract. I get this error when I try to force it to the 03-23 contract:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.1 KB ID:	1231266

I then saw a thread that I showed possibly updating my database would help. I followed the following steps: database management > update instruments > and checking the following boxes General Properties, Futures expiries, and symbol mapping. Then clicking update, when I try to do that I get this error:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	5.2 KB ID:	1231267

I have reset my internet and all other applications/websites on my laptop work except for NT8.​

Do I need to use the "repiar database" function? States to only do this when advised by NT support:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	410
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	1231273

Please advise.

Best,
    Brian
    Last edited by bbenj8; 01-14-2023, 10:07 AM.

Hi bbenj8,

I wish I saw your post before I did the same things as you did in attempting to get NT8 to work. I tried both the Rithmic for Apex and also the
    NinjaTrader Continuum connections.

Charts will not load using either connection, I waited up to 10 minutes before I would close the platform.

I do believe something happened on Friday night because a couple of hours after the market closed, all of a sudden NT8 stopped working and I got a warning window with the word "Panic" at the end of it. I didn't think much of it since I had no open orders and the market was closed for a while.

I do hope they get it fixed as I hate having an electronic paperweight for trading.

Rich

Comment

RichG I just finally got NT8 to load a chart. I had to change my NT8 folder to a different name > uninstall the app > move that folder I renamed to a new location > resintalled the app > took about 5 mins after connecting to my Apex for the chart to load, but it eventually did. Now I'm in the process of moving everything over that I need from my renamed folder. Hopefully it still continues to work. Good luck!

Comment

SNAFU at Ninjatrader. Rolling out updates before testing them in house again. At least my charts are loading, but it is taking forever to do so. And then it takes another long period for the indicators to load. In the upper left of the charts it shows "Calculating ..."

And it is the weekend, and since Ninjatrader is not a company for traders or by traders, there will be no support and nothing done until well into the trading hours. And since this is a long weekend for the market, we probably will be dealing with this issue during NY session hours on Tuesday.
        Last edited by vidvad; 01-14-2023, 04:25 PM.

Comment

NinjaTrader Support,

I'm experiencing similar issues with charts taking a long time to load over the weekend - First time this has happened !!
          Any other users seeing the same messages in the Control Center Log.
          "Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Information Server.is-us-nt-005.ninjatrader.com"
          "Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server.hds-us-nt-011.ninjatrader.com"

Eric M.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bbenj8 View Post
            RichG I just finally got NT8 to load a chart. I had to change my NT8 folder to a different name > uninstall the app > move that folder I renamed to a new location > resintalled the app > took about 5 mins after connecting to my Apex for the chart to load, but it eventually did. Now I'm in the process of moving everything over that I need from my renamed folder. Hopefully it still continues to work. Good luck!

Good evening bbenj8

Thanks for the tip! I will follow your diections tomorrow as I don't have much time tonight to devote to it.
            Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
            Rich
            P.S. I wish you much success with Apex.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric M. View Post
              NinjaTrader Support,

I'm experiencing similar issues with charts taking a long time to load over the weekend - First time this has happened !!
              Any other users seeing the same messages in the Control Center Log.
              "Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Information Server.is-us-nt-005.ninjatrader.com"
              "Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server.hds-us-nt-011.ninjatrader.com"

Eric M.
              Good evening Eric.

I checked my log and have the same messages as you have.

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Rich

Comment

Hello Rich,

Thanks for the feedback - At least I know it is not a local issue.
                I hope NinjaTrader Support address this problem in a timely manner !!
                All the best Rich.

Eric
                Last edited by Eric M.; 01-15-2023, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I have also been getting the connection error "Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Information Server.is-us-nt-005.ninjatrader.com". Have not had an issue with the Historical Server. This started last night and has been reoccurring every one hour, almost to the second.
                  The Trading Mantis
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Comment

Ditto...no connection to Historical or Information servers. Ninjatrader Support, you working this?

Comment

Also getting the same issues, I am also unable to pull up any instruments did all the steps including flushing DNS and deleting NT8 and re-installing NT8 still had no luck.

Comment

Me too. I think the Ninja server went down. Nothing we can do about it.

Comment

Hello everyone,

We are aware of the issue and are investigating. Once there is news regarding the matter, we will let you know. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

When I test it on my end, I get reconnected on some occasions after about 5-6 minutes to a different historical data server and historical data is loaded. For now, I suggest to wait a couple of minutes after the connection loss and check if you get reconnected. If not, please restart NinjaTrader and try again.
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I haven't experienced a connection loss in the last hour or so. If you still experience the connection loss to the historical data servers, please let me know.
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason.
                              Thanks for your feedback and help.
                              It is now Monday morning and all is working well with NT8.
                              All charts and instrument lists are now loading with good speed.

Rich

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by reynoldsn, Today, 07:23 AM
                              6 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post reynoldsn  
                              Started by reynoldsn, Today, 07:26 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes