Exporting Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting Strategy

I am trying to export a strategy. When I click on export it takes 30 minutes and a blue circle keeps spinning then a get this error; Error in compile process; array dimensions exceeded supported range.

Please help

Hello, thanks for writing in. Please first run the installer from the link below to update/repair the installation:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

If this does not work, you will need to try a different exporting environment:

Code:
    Close all running applications.

Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.

Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.

Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists

Reboot your PC.

Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below:

[URL]https://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted[/URL]
    ​
    Move over the strategy you want to export into this respective directory. You can find the strategy in Documents\NinjaTrader 8OLD\bin\Custom\Strategies. Put it in the same directory of the new folder.

NinjaTrader looks for a folder called "NinjaTrader 8" so to switch back to your old installation, name the new "NinjaTrader 8" to "NinjaTrader 8PREV" and rename the old one back to "NinjaTrader 8"
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks ChrisL, I followed all the steps you told me and I was able to export the strategy. Now, every time I want to export something do I have to repeat all those steps? Is there a final solution to this problem?

Comment

Hello, thanks for the follow up. The old envinronment has something inside of it that is causing the script to not export. You would need to remove your custom scripts one at a time and re-test the export procedure to fix whatever is wrong with the old environment.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes