Unable to use strategy analyzer for past years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to use strategy analyzer for past years

Hi! I want to do some backtesting for past years (2020,2021,2022), BUT the strategy analyzer is only giving me results of the past year, when I want to backtest for example 2021 or 2020, is just not loading anything. Hope you guys can help me to know whats wrong.

Hello JuanErnesto,

Thanks for your post.

When running a backtest in the Strategy Analyzer from 12/08/2020 to 1/13/2022 using the SampleMACrossOver strategy that comes default with NinjaTrader, I am seeing backtest results appear for the entire date range.

See this demonstration video showing the above: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...Nl8yMDkwNzk2Nw

If you try running a backtest on the SampleMACrossOver using the same exact settings seen in the demonstration video and look at the 'Entry time' column in the Trades Display, do you see trade results for the entire date range?

Further, the amount of available historical data on our servers could be seen below.
    • Tick data: up to 1 year of historical data would be available. However, some instruments may go back further.
    • Minute data: virtually never deleted, goes back to 2006 (Forex goes back to late 2008).
    • Daily data: virtually never deleted, goes back to 2009. Forex data varies per instrument. Index data goes back to 2011.
    • Market Replay data: deleted after 90 days.​

Let us know if we may assist further.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM