Historical Options data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Options data

Hello I’m wondering what data feeds offer historical stock options data that works with market replay? I’m looking to see the options data on a candle stick chart if possible..if not I’d at least like to trade stock options in a market replay scenario. Is this possible thanks, (currently I have interactive brokers and kinetick data feeds) thx!

Hello Douglee,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Unfortunately, there is no feature available within NinjaTrader 8 that is able to record Options Data as Historical Data or display Options on a Chart, live or in the Playback Connection. The only window that supports Options Data currently is the Option Chain window when connected to a provider that supports underlying Options on their supported Instrument Types. This only works with live data as well.

A complete list of Data Providers for NinjaTrader 8 and the instrument types they support may be read here in our NinjaTrader Help Guide - Data by Provider

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, does ninja trader have any plans to add options charting capabilities to the platform? It seems like a simple and obvious feature to have on there considering all the custom coding and things ninja trader can do.

Comment

Hello Douglee,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

While we are not currently tracking the ability to chart and replay options for Stock Data, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.​
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well thank you very much Justin! I think it would be an awesome feature to have! I understand ninja trader is mostly geared towards futures trading, but I love ninja trader soo much I want to use it for everything! I look forward to hearing about any upgrades regarding options charting, and replay abilities! Thanks!

Comment

Upvote this feature request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post love2code2trade  
            Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
            0 responses