Forex commissions help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex commissions help

I have some strategies I have created and I am trying to understand the estimated impact of Forex spreads on my strategy results.
    I went into the commissions table and set 0.00015 for all Forex, just as an estimate, thinking that was the spread, but its actually per unit which I don't believe is working correctly becuase the commissions look incredibly high.

Can anyone help me with putting in commissions in the form of a spread, or some proxy for it that I can test my strategy with?

Hello ErikY,

Thank you for your post!

Please see the steps below on how to apply a Commission Per Instrument Type.
    • Navigate to the Control Center -> Tools > Commissions
    • Click 'add' in the Templates section (at the bottom)
    • Type a name for your commissions template in the 'Name' field
    • Under the section 'Commission Per Instrument Type', select the instrument type that you would like to add the commissions to and then select 'edit'
    • Set a value for either 'Minimum Commission' (commission rate per side) or 'Per-unit Commission' (commission rate for each individual contract), and then click 'OK'.
    • Click 'OK' to exit the Commissions window
    Please see the steps below on how to apply a Commission Per Instrument.
    • Navigate to the Control Center -> Tools > Commissions
    • Click 'add' in the Templates section (at the bottom)
    • Type a name for your commissions template in the 'Name' field
    • Under the section 'Commission Per Instrument', select the instrument that you would like to add the commissions to and then select 'edit'
    • Select the instrument you would like to add the commissions to and then set a value for either 'Minimum Commission' (commission rate per side) or 'Per-unit Commission' (commission rate for each individual contract), and then click 'OK'.
    • Click 'OK' to exit the Commissions window
    Now you will have to apply the commissions template you just created to an account. Please see the following steps to do so.
    • Navigate to the Control Center -> Accounts tab
    • Right click on an account and select 'Edit Account...'
    • On the 'Commission' row, select the name of the custom template you created in the pull-down menu
    • Click 'OK
    Additionally, please see the following publicly available NinjaTrader 8 help guide link on Working With Commission Templates:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kennedy, thanks for the info. I was able to do all the steps you listed, that was not my issue. The problem I am having is trying to adapt a Forex spread to a commission template. The way I attempted to do it is not working

Comment

Hello ErikY,

You can use the following steps to set commission levels for forex instruments:
        1. Determine the average spread for the instrument in question (spreads vary by instrument, time, and brokerage account)
        2. Use the average spread to set the minimum commission at the instrument level
        3. (Note, users may need to change this value over time, as average spreads change for each forex pair)
        ​Please let us know if you have any further questions!
        Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes