Playback Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Issue

I'm trying to use the playback connection to test through December 2022), but the chart isn't updating when I hit play. It does update when I manually scrub to a random time in the range however.

I've confirmed I have tick data for that period, and there's nothing in the log.
    I've tried setting my chart symbol to the exact contract that was trading at the time and it didn't help.
    I've tried setting the range on my chart to 1 day, and no effect.
    My playback controller is set to Historical, rather then Market Replay, so having the tick data for the period should be enough.
    The issue doesn't seem to happen with more recent time (January 2023).

I have futures data set to merge back adjusted as well.

Hello Jaggy,

If you select the instrument in question in a SuperDOM, do you receive realtime data there?

Could it be the Play button still shows the Play symbol after you click it? If so, please click it once more. When the Play button changes into the Pause symbol, it indicates the Playback is running.

What instrument + expiry month do you use? For example, the ES futures rolled over from 12-22 to 03-23 on December 12th 2022. So before this date the 12-22 expiry month was the front month.

If you use the fast-forward button instead of manually moving the time slider, how long after the start time do you receive realtime data? Could it be the instrument + expiry month was not volatile at the Playback starting time, so it seems no realtime data is received?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This wound up resolving itself, I'm not entirely sure why. A few days later it started working on it's own. Not sure what I did to fix it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse