Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time & Sales Settings

Hi, I am trying to set up T&S and I have a few questions:
    1. There are three checkboxes; Ask Price, Bid Price and Last Price. My question is what's the difference and why am I seeing very different volume when I switch between bid & ask Vs last price. Which one will give me all the orders coming through?
    2. The Qty/volume column doesn't really match the volume bar in the chart, I see 1, 5 or 7 on the t&s but the volume bar jumps by 100s. Is the t&s showing lots or multiples of 100 ?
    3. For the color settings, what's the difference between ask colors and at ask colors. This is very confusing to me
    And lastly, what us the least or default settings that will allow me to see all the information going through the tape?

Thanks

Hello KlausTheMause,

1. It selects what Level 1 data to display (last, bid or ask data). You can enable all 3 in the same T&S window. Or open 3 T&S windows, one for each.

2. The T&S window shows lots. This typically hard to compare. For example, if I test the ES 03-23, there are multiple lines in the T&S window at the same second. You would have to add these values together and then check if it's the same in the VOL indicator in the chart for each second.

3. You can find explanations of the different color settings at the link below.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tm#AvailablePr opertiesAndDefinitions

"At ask" is used for trades at the ask price.

"Ask" is used for ask data (right click T&S window and select Prices-->Ask).

If you like to see the trades that happened, you would set Prices to Last (last traded price). This will show all trades that happened.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Jason, that helps a lot.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred