Problems when moving indicator from one chart to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems when moving indicator from one chart to another

Today I have tried to move an indicator from one chart to another. Another user told me that this does not always work, and in fact I could confirm his findings.

The indicator that I tried to move had

- no custom plot
    - had draw objects plotted on the chart (Draw.Text)
    - had active paint bars (uses BarBrushes[] in the code)
    - had the plot colored according to the trend (uses PlotBrushes[] in the code)

(1) When paint bars were activated, the transferred indicator would not show any paint bars. After deactivating paint bars via the indicator dialogue box and then reactivating them, the paint bars would show. It seems that the paint bars were not linked to the new bars object after the transfer.

(2) Whether paint bars were activated or not (actually I have removed the paint bars entirely from the code for evaluating this error) the use of PlotBrushes[] lead to the following error message:

2016-11-14 19:00:07:367 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x88990015], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_RESOURCE_DOMAIN/WrongResourceDomain], Message: Die Ressource wurde auf dem falschen Renderziel erkannt. : Each DirectX render target requires its own brushes. You must create brushes directly in OnRender() or using OnRenderTargetChanged(). Please see the help guide for 'OnRenderTargetChanged' for more information.
    2016-11-14 19:00:07:368 ERROR: Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990015], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_RESOURCE_DOMAIN/WrongResourceDomain], Message: Die Ressource wurde auf dem falschen Renderziel erkannt. '
    To produce this message simply transfer an indicator that uses PlotBrushes[] from one chart to another and then click the new with the left mouse button. Every click will produce such an error. When the PlotBrushes[] are removed from the code, there are no error messages and the same indicator can be transferred without problems.

(3) I have also tried to move indicators with complex custom plots from one chart to another. Those indicators were well behaved.

(4) The transfer of Draw.Text objects also worked as expected.

In my opinion all problems are related to

-> BarBrushes
    -> PlotBrushes

which are not being properly redirected to the new chart.

Thanks for the detailed report, I was able to reproduce and have escalated it to the developer in charge of that feature to analyze and look into. I'll get back once sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Thanks for the detailed report, I was able to reproduce and have escalated it to the developer in charge of that feature to analyze and look into. I'll get back once sorted out.
      Thank you for your quick reply.

Comment

Paint bars not moved along with indicator

Referring to NT 8.0.3.1 (not sure whether the behaviour is similar for NT 8.0.4.0)

When moving an indicator that comes with paintbars from one panel to another via drag and drop, the paint bars are not being moved along with the indicator.

Please find below two charts attached. The first chart shows the indicator applied to the upper panel. When moving this indicator to the lower panel, the paint bars remain attached to the upper panel.

The indicator is now split between two panels. The plots are on the lower panel, while the paint bars remain on the upper panel.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'll check into this on 8.0.5.1, thanks for letting us know.

Comment

I have now updated to NT 8.0.5.1.

It shows the same behaviour. Paint bars are not moving along with the plot, but the indicator is split between two panels.

But I think that this behavior is as expected.

In fact I was thinking that the input series for the indicator would change, when I move it from the first to the second price panel. But the input series remains the first series, which explains that the paint bars are still visible on the upper bar series.

When I open the indicator dialogue box and select the lower price bars as input series, then the paint bars will move to the lower price bars.

I think there is no problem here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes