Collapse

Multi Series Indicators not working in Tick Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about not working strategies if "Tick Replay" is set to true ?

Comment

Problem that has been present for quite a while is that Tick Replay backfill sometimes will not work if days back is set to go back to a day when the instrument was not traded. I think this may apply in general to multi series indicators. When this happens I just fiddle with the days back setting until the problem goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricam View Post
        Problem that has been present for quite a while is that Tick Replay backfill sometimes will not work if days back is set to go back to a day when the instrument was not traded. I think this may apply in general to multi series indicators. When this happens I just fiddle with the days back setting until the problem goes away.
        I am not 100% sure I follow and would like to know a little more about what you are experiencing. I have tested this scenario in a few different ways, and incremented the days back from 0 to 30 and have not experienced any problems neither on weekends or holidays.

Some variables I tried included:

- Changing the primary input series session template
        - Switching between "Days to load", "Bars to load", "Custom range"
        - Setting the primary input to be higher or lower than the secondary (e..g, 1 tick vs 100 tick)
        - Modifying the "Calculate" setting

Please let me know what I may be missing in order to get this problem into development to be resolved.

Thanks
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Is there a time line for correction of the Tick Replay issues? Thanks.

Comment

Believe you emailed me as well about the same. To clarify our current status:

* I have no open issues on tick replay in 8.0.2.0 remaining.
            * I see a case reported below from forum member 'radekj' which we were looking for more details to look into the case.

You and I did have some email communication about an index out of range issue you ran into. Havn't seen that reported elsewhere and even though I reproduced a similar error and let you know that it actually was an expected case since my test was flawed. Was my intent to communicate that to you and get more details but appears a miscommunication occurred. Would love to get more details on that case so I could look into but so far unable to reproduce in local tests.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes