Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple accounts

Hi

Does NT8 allow simultaneous order entry across different accounts?

If so can different ATM strategies/order amounts be used

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Due to low usage, NinjaTrader 8 does not come with the ability to create account groups. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the response - it seems a shame that we would need to pay a higher fee for multiple broker usage of NT8 licence wise yet cannot facilitate an efficient manner of utilising those multiple brokers accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_KennethD View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for your post. Due to low usage, NinjaTrader 8 does not come with the ability to create account groups. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
        Perhaps the low usage was due to the fact you could not manage a trade after entry for the group other than predefined ATM settings? Had the developers understood that traders need to manage trades ( move targets and stops) and included this capability in the account group more people would have used it. The account group feature is a great idea if it had been implemented fully; it wasn't.

I bought a multibroker license for the purpose of trading two accounts. I will not be upgrading to NT 8 until the feature is restored. It would also be nice if the feature was USEFUL as well; you need to include the ability to move stops and targets for the group. I think people would actually USE the feature if it was useful to them.

Comment

This is definitely a feature that would be useful provided traders could simultaneously adjust stops/targets <- this is absolutely critical functionality. This feature should really be brought back, but with full implementation of trade management - either as a part of the Advisor feature (https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/node/1047855) whereby allocation is controlled by the FCM/brokerage or in the original NT7 form of 'account groups' only with ATM + discretionary trade management and pre-allocation setup fully integrated (whereby FCM/brokerage allocation would not be used) - the latter would be preferred imho.

Comment

Hello afcmaff,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have added votes for you, Wartrace and RTR1701 to consider implementing account groups in NinjaTrader 8. The ticket ID is SFT-889. Your feedback in this thread is linked in the feature request ticket.

We collect interest in feature requests before determining if the feature should be implemented. For that reason we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. Upon implementation, the number for the ticket ID can be publicly found in the Release Notes page of the help guide. I will provide a link below.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a ton Jim - this is certainly a highly desired feature among traders with multiple accounts and/or Advisors who desire flexibility and multi-account control of strategies, trade entry and management. Truly appreciate it!

Comment

For kicks and grins, made some mock-ups to visualize a desired multi-account concept...

NT8 > Tools > Options > ...See pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-04_19-55-15.png
Views:	1658
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1050269
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-04_20-41-55.png
Views:	1639
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1050270

^ Just for the sake of brainstorming...

Up-votes for SFT-889 / SFT-3780

Cheers!

Comment

Good Post. I was thinking about buying the multi broker license and as of now there is no reason too... If I have multiple accounts and I want to trade on multiple accounts and I have a multi broker platform why can't I trade at the same time? Whats the point of the multi broker license than?

Can you add a vote towards SFT-889 / SFT-3780 feature request NinjaTrader_Jim?

Comment

Hello w0lverine,

You can still trade multiple accounts at the same time with the multi broker license, there just is not any out-of-box ability to select one Account Group and have orders submitted to multiple accounts.

SFT-889 is for adding support back for Account Groups when SFT-3780 is for FA accounts to support using NinjaScript strategies and ATM strategies on FA accounts. Satisfying a solution for Account Groups could help to satisfy a solution for SFT-3780. I have added votes to these requests on your behalf.

I look forward to being of any further assistance.

Comment

Please add my two cents: please implement Account Groups. NT7 has it. Why not NT8? What is the technical limitation, if any, that prevents this?

Comment

Hello cmv727,

I've added your vote.

Account Groups support was removed to bring in support for Interactive Brokers FA accounts. The code underneath was re-purposed and Account Groups were no longer usable after these changes.

Comment

So it sounds like IBKR Financial Advisor (FA) account support is underway - now just need that last part: full ATM support for the FA order submissions/entries... need that trade management - and fast. Thanks Jim.

Comment

Add my vote to Multiple Account, please.

Regards.

Comment

Hello leicuz,

Could you elaborate on your request?

Connection technologies may be limited to only allowing one connection at a time. Is this your request?

SFT-889 is for Account Groups like seen in NinjaTrader 7. This was removed to support Financial Advisor accounts instead.

SFT-3780 is to fully support deploying NinjaScript strategies and ATM strategies from FA accounts.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses