NT8 not respecting session template in daily, weekly, monthly charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello RonnyKeller,

Correct, if the bars are based on the Minute data then the 1440 Minute and 1 Minute chart should both still be moving at the same time.

Comment

I would like to add my vote to the ongoing request that NinjaTrader provides proper support for RTH Weekly, Monthly etc charts

Since NT clearly supports the ability to use RTH in intraday charts, it is just plain inconsistent that they will not extend this to the higher timeframes

If RonnyKeller can fix this issue with a few lines of code, how can it be so hard for NT to provide a solution within the platform after years of requests?

I am aware of a considerable group of traders looking to move from TradeStation after an apparent flawed update, but cannot recommend NT until it provides the basic data function that they will require

Why won't NT pay the small amount of attention required to this please?

Comment

We're still tracking interest in this in SFT-1062 and RonnyKeller has certainly provided a useful custom add-on for users who prefer this. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
        • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
        • Feasibility
        • Developer bandwidth
        • Current projects in the queue
        • Economics
        You'll find the tracking numbers provided in the release notes when a feature is implemented:

Comment

Thank you for the update and explanation Patrick

With respect, to me this is not a feature for possible addition; this is a broken platform. Would NT be comfortable advertising that it does not support RTH sessions?
          I believe there are many serious traders who would consider switching to NT if this were to be fixed, they won't submit support requests for it, but would spend the licence fee with little hesitation

RonnyKeller, thank you for sharing your work, installed today and working like a charm through my current Rithmic data feed

Patrick, please could you confirm whether the above fix would work via NinjaTrader Brokerage/Continuum data, I have an existing NTB account that I am not currently using but intended to return to, will I be able to use Continuum data, or need to use Rithmic in that too? Thank you

Comment

I encourage RonnyKeller to correct me if I'm wrong, but his add-ons take minute data from any feed and construct daily and larger time frames. It should work for any data feed.

Comment

Bumping this thread.

Would be great if Ninja can add daily, weekly and monthly charts using RTH data (or whatever session template the user defines).

Personally, I use US Equities RTH. 390 minute bars seesm to do the trick for daily bars, but not weekly or monthly.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Comment

We're still tracking SFT-1062. I've added your vote. I would suggest importing RonnyKeller 's add-on for the time being as the add-on he created provides the functionality you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                  We're still tracking SFT-1062. I've added your vote. I would suggest importing RonnyKeller 's add-on for the time being as the add-on he created provides the functionality you're looking for.
                  Hi, Patrick,

I am using that add-on (God bless you, RonnyKeller) and it seems to work great.

Still, I'd prefer to have this as an inbuilt feature. I'm starting to get a loooot of custom add-ons for NT8 now.

Seeing how Ronny implemented this in a few weeks - it's a bit odd that NT officially haven't implemented it 3 years later seeing how it seems to be a common request among people and in my opinion a very basic one.

And oddly enough - something that worked well with NT7.

Comment

It 'works' in NinjaTrader 7 because many providers supplied NinjaTrader 7 with RTH daily data. Many providers now supply NinjaTrader 8 with ETH daily data. This table goes into detail about what you can expect:

Comment

Hello,
                      pls add my vote to this feature/design fix.
                      Thank you.

Comment

I've added you vote, autogenix.

Comment

@PatrickG - not sure if I want what the request is for, 'cos I'm lost as to what it is for, but what the heck please add my vote FWIW.

I don't have the RTH Weekly or Monthly driver of the OP and others in this thread.

I do have a need for both ETH and RTH daily data separately easily available as part of core platform functionality, which is at the heart of the matter here and what others here have requested.

I don't know if there is a separate thread/feature request for this, if so please add my vote.

I have a solution for my needs which works but is not elegant.

Kind regards,
                          Bruce

Comment

brucerobinson , you may find RonnyKeller 's add-ons beneficial to you for the time being. They're mentioned throughout this thread.

I'll add your vote to SFT-1062

Comment

Hello Patrick and thanks.
                              My lack of definition/precision - "
                              I do have a need for both ETH and RTH daily data INTRADAY separately easily available as part of core platform functionality,"
                              Hence RonnyKeller addons not relevant.
                              Are you aware of a Feature Request for this to add my vote to?
                              Kind regards,
                              Bruce

Comment

brucerobinson The RTH bars work fine intraday as long as you have a datafeed that delivers 1-Min data, and even RTHmonthly-bars actualize themselves with each tick. Since they are a different set of data compared to Ninja's regular "Daily" (or "Weekly" or "Monthly"), they work also fine side-to-side with each other, meaning you may have RTHweekly and regular (ETH-based ) Weekly bars on your charts. So I'm not sure if I understand what exactly is NOT working for you. I use those RTHs for far more than a year (or even more than two? Dunno anymore...) and had no issues so far.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NRITV
                                by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes