Collapse

NT8 not respecting session template in daily, weekly, monthly charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RonnyKeller - thanks for the reply. I haven't tried your add-ons because I don't use/want Daily Bars (unless I have mis-understood, your add-ons build RTH Day & Weekly etc BARS from minute data).

What I use is Sessions - RTH Session, Overnight Session and ETH . So I want to have the Overnight Session data series (and be able to reference Session High/Low etc), RTH Session data series (H/L etc), & ETH Session (H/L etc).
    I achieve this in NT8 by using 3 separate data series per instrument each with its own Session template. From these I can produce whatever chart style I
    ​wish - time, tick etc based on RTH or ETH days. It works but is complicated.

The commonality (& what prompted me to post in/support your Feature Request) is that traders want - for varying reasons made by several contributors to your thread - to be able to access RTH AND ETH data, values etc. Some, as you and I, want both.

There is no easy and simple way to do this in the Platform.

Building RTH bars from Minute data doesn't seem particularly elegant especially when using long timespans. However if it has stood the test of time then as commented by another & reason for my Vote I would support Ninja incorporating it as core platform functionality, rather than requiring add-ons. Using multiple Data Series per instrument isn't an elegant solution either, but it works.

Kind regards,
    Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyKeller View Post
      -
      RonnyKeller,

For research purposes, I'd be interested in creating partial-week bars. I.e.,

Bar 1 - Monday
      Bar 2 - Monday - Tuesday
      Bar 3 - Monday - Wednesday
      Bar 4 - Monday - Thursday
      Bar 5 - Monday - Friday

So, Bar 1 would simply be a daily bar. Bar 5 is the standard weekly bar you have now provided.

Any ideas on how I could accomplish Bar 2-4?

Would I need custom bars like you have created or can a custom template be created in NT8 which spans this time interval? Since I only want RTH values - I imagine not.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Not going to chart this, but will download the data for analysis using Streamwriter on the charts.

Johnny

Comment

I would like to add my vote to enable RTH session for weekly and monthly charts. Looking over my charts from last week ES ETH low was 50 handles lower than RTH low. That really affects pivots and other indicators.Came over from tradestation many years ago but their .D sure worked easily.

Comment

Added, derivtrader

Comment

please add my vote for SFT-1062.

Comment

Added. 4x777 .

Moving forward, I will not be providing vote confirmations, but I will be adding additional votes.

Comment

Any news on this?

If I can vent a litte, I think it's incredible that this is not supported by NT in the first place and even more incredible if it's not implemented 3 years later.

Anyway, I'm writing today since I've been using the RTHWeek bars for a long time now with great success (once again many thanks, RonnyKeller), but on ES today, US Equities RTH, the weekly bar does not seem to print correctly. It seems like it stops at Thursday and that today's session is omitted.

Anyone else have the same issue and/or have any ideas on what's up with that and if it's possible to solve? Not sure if RonnyKeller is still around to comment.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Comment

Maybe this has been covered but as an Indicator developer I'd like to have an Bars.IsFirstBar/TickOfRTH property. Because NT Indicators have an Bars.IsFirstBarOfSession property to check already. Granted I skimmed from Page 1 to 5 of this thread but stumbled from here. Add my vote for SFT-1062 plus a vote or ticket number to detect RTH within a Indicator Bars property.

To be clear, I get the fact that I can AddDataSeries and set the TradingHours but that's a bit obfuscated when it should be a fundamental feature.

If I'm too far off topic here (It's definitely related) please point me toward an existing thread or direct me to open one and pardon my distraction.

Comment

stoner, I've added your vote to SFT-1062, however, the other portion of your post would best be answered by a NinjaScript technician. I'd suggest creating a new post in the NinjaScript sub-forums so you may receive that assistance.

Comment

Please also add my vote to SFT-1062.
                      And a big Thank You to RonnyKeller for sharing his RTHBars!

Comment

Added, cNuuuuuu

Comment

I have even considered leaving NinjaTrader over this shortcoming, which I am very reluctant to do. It is extremely Troublesome to intraday traders, and none of the solutions posted in this thread actually work.
                          I could not imagine expanding to a lifetime multi-broker license without the bugs first being worked out.
                          Please fix this, as I would love to continue using NinjaTrader.

Thank You,
                          -Kyle P.

Comment

Hello Kylep19,

Thank you for your feedback.

I've added your vote to SFT-1062.
                            Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is really unbelievable that this feature is still not implemented. There is just no excuse anymore for this lack of interest for customer feedback. Such a basic feature and still very relevant today for products which have an actual pit session. Especially since Ronny Keller got it working rather quickly ... Please NinjaTrader implement this soon.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, autogenix . Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                                • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                                • Feasibility
                                • Developer bandwidth
                                • Current projects in the queue
                                • Economics
                                You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post yertle
                                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bmartz
                                by bmartz

Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post funk10101  
                                Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Working...
                                X