NT8 not respecting session template in daily, weekly, monthly charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, autogenix . Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
    • Feasibility
    • Developer bandwidth
    • Current projects in the queue
    • Economics
    You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.
    This was already communicated... more than 3 years ago. Every person with an average intelligence understands that this will never be fixed.
    There are a lot of feature requests that will never be fixed.
    I am very pleased with NT8 and the support. But the feature requests are in sharp contrast with that. A lot of voting but the majority of these features will never be added.
    I thought it was essential to at least have correct prices as that is the basis used by traders. It is the most essential part.
    'Added support for PnL currency conversion of the Hong Kong Dollar', or 'Major improvements on Spanish translations' are apparently much more important.

Comment

Add my vote for RTH daily bars. I've been using the custom addon by RonnyKeller for years and it's what made NinjaTrader viable for any daily analysis, but it would be awesome to have a native alternative. The current daily bars in NinjaTrader are just plain wrong.

Comment

Any news on this? It's been 3 1/2 years since this thread was first made and I'm sure it was not the first time the issue was reported.

I use RonnyKeller 's excellent Add-On still, but am troubled that on some days - the last daily bar does not seem to load/show up on my charts until the next day. I'm not sure why that is, but today is one such day...

To be frank, I feel a bit like an amateur when I can't have my trading software in 2020 which is supposed to be state of the art show RTH daily bars for some simple analysis.

Why is not NinjaTrader taking this seriously? There are users here who consider leaving your software because of this and many others who clearly are not happy?

I won't leave your software because of this on it's own, but it's possible I need to start using another charting platform to cover this basic need. Of course, if that platform turns out to be really nice, who knows...

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance for seriously considering this.

Comment

If you're using the add-on, your daily bar is being built from minute data and the 'missing bar' would need to be investigated as a symptom of the custom bar not pulling in minute data for whatever reason. If you're using the built in daily bar type, then I would need additional information about your data provider and other details in order to troubleshoot what you're reporting.

If it's the latter, please reach out to me via email for further analysis. Send a message to PlatformSupport[AT]Ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2060999 ATTN PatrickG" in the subject, a link to this thread and a brief description of the symptom in the body.

Comment

I stopped using NT8 for charting, esp. when using futures, there are just too many problems. In SierraChart i can control how rollover is displayed and no problem showing RTH data. Hard to get going with SC but it works. NTs feature votes feel more like propaganda to me. There never seems to come something of it. Just using NT for execution (DOM) now. But they still have a problem with CL futures. The DOM sometimes freezes during very busy times. Also several times people in the forum mentioned this. Aside from the general performance recommendations the real problem was never found it seems. This is the first product i will try to trade with Sierra.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              If you're using the add-on, your daily bar is being built from minute data and the 'missing bar' would need to be investigated as a symptom of the custom bar not pulling in minute data for whatever reason. If you're using the built in daily bar type, then I would need additional information about your data provider and other details in order to troubleshoot what you're reporting.

If it's the latter, please reach out to me via email for further analysis. Send a message to PlatformSupport[AT]Ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2060999 ATTN PatrickG" in the subject, a link to this thread and a brief description of the symptom in the body.
              It's a daily RTH bar from the add-on made by RonnyKeller since there's no other way for Ninjatrader 8 users to chart a daily bar which respects RTH values properly.

It works quite fine in real-time, but when I log off and back on the same day it's typically missing. It's back the next day though.

Patrick,

Let me be blunt here for a moment:

Why is it that after 3 1/2 years Ninjatrader still can't offer something as basic as a daily RTH bar respecting RTH values 09:30-16:00? Clearly, many customers want it?

We have zero interest in drawing tools and fancy indicators that are worthless anyway. We're paying for this platform and we want to handle the basics first.

RonnyKeller probably fixed this in half an afternoon or less of coding. Yet, Ninjatrader with it's entire organization is still not able to fix it after 3 + years.

It's simply not good enough.

I know from reading on futures.io that a TON of prior NT users left Ninja in favour of a competing platform where said platform is very quick to implement new features from customers.

We're not asking for an advanced or secret esoteric indicator here. We're asking for the very BASICS and which were working very well on your prior platform NT7 which sadly is still better in some ways.

Johnny

Comment

Well said Johnny, I couldn't agree more ! Ronny Keller's work (Thank you so much Ronny) makes NT function-able, but it's a WORK AROUND, to get RTH Bars !? I'm having to split apart some indicators to get the multiple Bar Series to function correctly.

Greetings, Running my Indicator on a 30 minute, ES 06-20 chart with Trading Hours Template "CME US Index Futures ETH BGW EOD 315 (1)", I've added 2 Data Series : AddDataSeries("ES 06-20", new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = BarsPeriodType.Minute, Value = 1}, "CME US Index Futures ETH BGW EOD 315

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BGWTEX View Post
                  Well said Johnny, I couldn't agree more ! Ronny Keller's work (Thank you so much Ronny) makes NT function-able, but it's a WORK AROUND, to get RTH Bars !? I'm having to split apart some indicators to get the multiple Bar Series to function correctly.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-trading-hours

Bruce
                  Yes. Quite frankly it's unbelievable and flat out embarrassing.

Sorry for being harsh, NT, but it's the truth.

We're not asking for something advanced here. We're only asking for the most basic functionality and one that was working PERFECTLY fine in NT7.

After all these years I'm kind of married to Ninjatrader. I currently lease it and may soon buy a lifetime license. Overall, I'm mostly satisfied and think it's very easy to use with beautiful charts and mostly stable.

But there are these things like this which are really, really annoying me. And to be honest, I have actually told others that if I were starting from scratch again I would consider other platforms.

Best regards from a long-time paying user (10 + years) and in the past mostly a good ambassador for NT.

Comment

I'd love to do my weekly review now, but I can't.

RonnyKeller's add-on have served me beautifully, but for some reason, the 'last' day tends to disappear if I log off and log back on after market close (16:00) on that day.

So, as I did that today, Friday's daily bar and weekly close ain't updated correctly. It will be back tomorrow though. Not sure why it's so.

Anyone had the same issue and found a way to amend it?

Or better yet - will Ninjatrader consider fixing this in the first place such that we can plot daily/weekly RTH charts?

Johnny

Comment

Can you please add my vote to the feature SFT-1062.

It would be so nice and easy to just use the session times (given it is an option) for the daily data series.

Comment

I'm not paying attention to all new releases, but is it correct that 7 years later this is not supported by NinjaTrader and we still have to use the add-on by RonnyKeller?

I'm setting up a new computer now, hence my question.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, this feature request has not been implemented.
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                            Yes, this feature request has not been implemented.
                            Why not may I ask?

There's a ton of users requesting this and we're left to use an indicator some generous user created rather quickly.

Thankfully, this indicator does work with some flaws (it seems like there's a lag if I disconnect in between sessions and it's not updated until the next session starts), but obviously we users don't want to rely on custom scripts for basic functionality.

Comment

We receive many requests and can't reasonably implement all requested features. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to implement it.
                              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes