Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soulfx
    replied
    Hello yes was initially trying to interact with chart and use chart trader - selection of stop and limit was not easy at all - i turned crosshairs off on chart completely and became a little easier but not by much.
    I do not use global cross hairs having been aware of the pending issues.
    Memory is 8GB the machine is intel i7-3632 2.2ghz up to 2.9 or so and the card is AMD Radeon HD 7560
    The laptop main screen is 1920x1080 and the connected hdmi screen is also 1920x1080. I did have the tabbed chart on the second screen which has about 17 tabs and no other ninja window and tried putting ninja 8 on the main screen

Are you expecting issues with chart trader interaction even with cross hairs turned off .. in turning them off it then is not easy to align where entry would/should be in analysis!

in trying to migrate to enter orders from n7 to n8 it has migrated one performance issue n7 being predominantly single threaded and slow chart update in volatile markets (a known issue in n7 and why many chose to not execute on n7) to n8 which is multithreaded but then the execution is impaired due to cross hair and lagging cursor and chart trader issues?

what do you advise and what realistic plans are afoot to remedy and address this (in my opinion) a serious issue for live trading?

do you need any more stats?

would i be better having the execution window in separate window rather than tabbed?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Just to clarify, your reporting that as you enable crosshairs it becomes hard to interact with the chart and use Chart Trader. As you disable crosshairs working with the chart trader is fine. Is this correct?

If the above statement is correct please see my post #16 for details on current status. Additionally if you don't mind what video card, CPU and RAM do you have and is this a full screen chart. If so what resolution is your monitor? and if this is global crosshairs how many charts do you have global crosshairs enabled on? Appreciate the data if your willing share, since its helping me put together data on this.

Additionally your not using a VM, remote desktop, or running windows on a mac correct?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 01-17-2017, 11:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• soulfx
    replied
    slow cursor and crosshairs

Hello does this also apply to charttrader and bracket orders - please point if already a thread on this. I am stunned this is still an issue trying to trade with chart trader and adjust the stop and limits and is almost unworkable ??? With all the spec differences and gpu differences this appear to be a distraction from the fundamental underlying issue. Why is this taking so long to be addressed ? Chart trader is key part of trading on ninja. Please update on this aspect
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• jcrza
    replied
    That is music to my ears. Looking forward to it. You guys also fixed the annoying daily chart crash bug that was killing me, so way to go on that. If you guys can fix this crosshair thing and implement server side bracket orders (sending the stop and limit with the entry order, server side) then NT8 will be perfect for me and a lot of the futures traders I know who are currently not on NT8 because of the bracket order thing.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Wouldn't dare tell you your PC is insufficient since from the sounds of it is admittedly quite a machine. What I will say is that we have been collecting reports of crosshair drawing performance and starting to see a few reported cases now where full screen or large resolution monitors with full charts and crosshairs applied report degraded performance even despite the crosshair optimizations we have deployed in 8.0.2.0. We've been collecting information on PC specs so that we could make an informed decision as to next steps to research improving crosshair performance. This is an area we have on our list to review as soon as we get through a few more standard releases and get through the release items we have on our backlog.

Leave a comment:

• jcrza
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
    jcrza,

- How many charts with global crosshair?
    - How many monitors do you have?
    - What resolution are your monitors?
    - 4, one on each screen
    - 1920x1080 x 3 and one 2560x1080

If you guys try to tell me again that my computer is not sufficient to draw four charts at once I'm going to scream. I can play battlefield 1 at 120fps while watching Netflix and watching a local network feed of my security cameras without a dropped frame. That's way, way, way more intense of a workload than synchronizing horizontal lines on 4 charts.

There is no excuses for hardware accelerated charting to be lagging like this. It's a bug, or a really big flaw/bottleneck in the hardware acceleration NT8 uses.

EDIT: It's worth noting that I have many more charts opened on those screens but they're in the same window and in a different tab so I assume nt8 is not drawing them even if it's adding data to the series in the background. I hope that doesn't cause lag either.. it shouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    jcrza,

- How many charts with global crosshair?
    - How many monitors do you have?
    - What resolution are your monitors?

Leave a comment:

• sledge
    replied
    Originally posted by jcrza View Post
    The global crosshairs have always been slow. I have no idea why it's hard to render synchronized horizontal lines but apparently it is. I have a 4.5ghz liquid cooled computer with a GTX 1070 and just two charts (with one on an ultrawide) will start looking like it's rendering at ~20fps (on the ultrawide in particular) when I move the cursor.

What's the deal? My main display is 120hz, I wonder if there's a 60hz + 120hz sync issue.
    Don't got MAX on the ultrawide.. smaller charts run faster and more normal.

Leave a comment:

• jcrza
    replied
    The global crosshairs have always been slow. I have no idea why it's hard to render synchronized horizontal lines but apparently it is. I have a 4.5ghz liquid cooled computer with a GTX 1070 and just two charts (with one on an ultrawide) will start looking like it's rendering at ~20fps (on the ultrawide in particular) when I move the cursor.

What's the deal? My main display is 120hz, I wonder if there's a 60hz + 120hz sync issue.

Leave a comment:

• akself
    replied
    Solved it! My RAM eating issue was not NT8 related. It is an issue with the Killer Networking Suite in Windows 10. It leaks RAM. By unnistalling the Killer Networking Suite and only reinstalling the actual drivers for the Ethernet card the memory leak stops. No more lagging of the cross hair in NT8 graphs and a much better all around functiong computer. I highly recommend anyone with a Killer ethernet card on their computer motherboard to do the same thing...

Leave a comment:

• akself
    replied
    Problem with local cross hair

My problem is with the local cross hair. The severe lagging problem seems to be connected with another problem that I am experiencing. NT8 seems to grabbing all the RAM on my computer. I have 16 GBs of RAM. When I launch NT8 it uses around 3 GBs and there are no problems with lagging cross hairs in the graphs. After five hours of trading NT8 is using 9GBs of RAM and the graphs are lagging severely. I sometimes get an error message from Windows urging me to Close NT8 to avoid "loss of information". Error message or not, if I restart NT8, it is back to using 3GBs and the lagging issues are gone. I am running a four screen set up. My graphs are all time based and I am not using volume profile or any other resouce demanding graphs . I have been running this set up on NT7 with a much less powerful computer for years.

Actually when thinking about it, it seems that the problem occurs only if I load new data. If I just start NT8 and do nothing other than let it run this RAM issue does not seem to occur. Just launching a simple 5 min graph with 50 days of data sets the ball in motion...

Is there a way of fixing this RAM issue?

Leave a comment:

• technicality
    replied
    The global crosshair appears to be very GPU-intensive

Drawing the crosshair appears to require a lot of GPU power, scaling with the resolution of the charts you have open.

I had a pretty good graphics card in my last machine - a desktop AMD Radeon 290X - and NT8's cursor lag still bothered me when using a pair of full-screen size charts on two 2560x1600 monitors.

My new rig has a Titan X Pascal in it - currently the most powerful consumer-grade graphics card you can buy - and while you can tell there is still a very slight amount of lag, it's generally unnoticeable unless you are looking for it with the above-mentioned monitor configuration.

So that seems to indicate it either just requires a lot of raw GPU horsepower to render the global crosshair at high resolutions, or it's a problem with AMD cards specifically.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Alright so we're talking global crosshair here. Can you please contact me at platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and attach your workspace you experience this on. I'd like to test on my side to see if it really is expected what your seeing or not and if performance is good on my side then we will go from there and compare video cards, etc.

The workspace is located in My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces -> name.xml

-Brett

Leave a comment:

• TraderYoda
    replied
    Hi Brett,

I turned off global crosshair on all charts and turned on local crosshair on a single chart.The crosshair then performed as normal (like NT7)

I then turned on global crosshair on 6 charts and turned on local crosshair on the 7th chart - the local crosshair did not lag

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    TraderYoda,

Before I get to your other questions really quick: You mention your using the global crosshair. Can you please try turning that off on all charts and then turning on local crosshair on a single chart.

Is that local crosshair on single chart OK?

If not and you go into the Draw Crosshair only property I mention in post 2 does it get any better with that?

If it does then finally switch to this crosshair mode with your global crosshair? Problem or no problem?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post NRITV
by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
7 responses