Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrille
    replied
    I need to renew this issue since it's not fully resolved.

On my custom added OMXS30 futures contract markers are shown. But not on the stocks.
    I had an idea that since my custom added stocks were carried over from NT7 maybe there was an issue, so I have added a new instrument in NT8 but no marker on order.

Very strange.

Leave a comment:

• FMtrader
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
    Hello chrille,

Thank you for your follow up, glad to see the issue is resolved (Thanks FMtrader for the help!).

Regarding the time in TWS, are you just changing the general PC time, or is there a setting in TWS that addresses this? I tested on my end and it seems TWS will use the PC time.
    Refer to the attached screen capture for where to find the setting. You need to click on the "show all fields" option in the login screen to see the time zone option.

I believe the IB Trader Workstation normally defaults to PC time when first installed but if you ever subsequently change your PC time zone (as I did) IB's Workstation remains on the original setting.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FMtrader; 01-03-2017, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_EricB
    replied
    Hello chrille,

Thank you for your follow up, glad to see the issue is resolved (Thanks FMtrader for the help!).

Regarding the time in TWS, are you just changing the general PC time, or is there a setting in TWS that addresses this? I tested on my end and it seems TWS will use the PC time.

Leave a comment:

• FMtrader
    replied
    Originally posted by chrille View Post
    FMtrader,

Thank you for your input, I think you're spot on!
    My IB TWS was set to "use time zone of the device" which should be correct, but I changed it to "use specific time zone" which is UTC+1 Europe/Stockholm. I think this solved it. I opened a trade on a OMXS30 futures contract and now I can see the markers for entry which I didn't before.

I need to verify on some other instrument too so be certain but it looks good!

Thanks again my friend, really appreciate it!
    Glad to help. Hopefully NinjaTrader will add this IB time zone setting issue to their connection guide so that the problem doesn't continue to occur.

Leave a comment:

• chrille
    replied
    FMtrader,

Thank you for your input, I think you're spot on!
    My IB TWS was set to "use time zone of the device" which should be correct, but I changed it to "use specific time zone" which is UTC+1 Europe/Stockholm. I think this solved it. I opened a trade on a OMXS30 futures contract and now I can see the markers for entry which I didn't before.

I need to verify on some other instrument too so be certain but it looks good!

Thanks again my friend, really appreciate it!
    Last edited by chrille; 01-03-2017, 05:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• FMtrader
    replied
    Originally posted by chrille View Post
    No text or markers on any of my custom added instruments.
    I have just sent the log and trace folders.
    It looks like you may be using IB's Trader Workstation connected to NT8? If so you might want to read this thread:

Based on what happened to me I am wondering if your IB Trader Workstation is set to the same time zone as your PC? (the same comment might also apply to the IB gateway but I haven't checked) On the IB login screen there is an option to set the time zone. If it is set differently to your PC the IB trades are timestamped with a different time to the bottom axis of NT8 charts. This causes confusion in where the NT8 trade markers plot. In my case all historical trades ended up showing on the very last bar and continued to move as new bars plotted! It is possible that with different IB time zone setting historical trades might equally be plotted way off to the left of where you expect them to be.

I am not sure why you get some instrument trade markers plotting OK and not others unless the correct ones are not using the IB account but are using sim101 or similar.

Just something to check.......

Leave a comment:

• chrille
    replied
    Just hit me that all my custom instruments were created in NT7 and imported when I installed NT8, if that has anything to do with it. I could try removing an instrument and re-add it to see if there's any difference.

Leave a comment:

• chrille
    replied
    No text or markers on any of my custom added instruments.
    I have just sent the log and trace folders.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_EricB
    replied
    Hello chrille,

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry about the delay. To confirm, are you seeing Text on the chart and just not Markers?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to replicate on my end, can you please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post?

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in the email.
    Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.

Leave a comment:

• chrille
    replied
    Sorry for delay in answer.

Using a live Interactive Brokers account, same result using the SuperDOM and the ChartTrader.
    I also have a account with eSignal for historical data.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_EricB
    replied
    Hello chrille,

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to replicate what you're experiencing on my end. Just to make sure I'm not skipping any steps, could you please let me know detailed steps you're taking when this occurs?

E.g., are these Sim or Live orders, manual or automated, submitted via the SuperDOM / Chart Trader, ect.

I look forward to assisting further.

Leave a comment:

• chrille
    replied
    I use Interactive Broker for brokerage and realtime data and Esignal for historical data.

Here's a screenshot of a stock at OMX Stockholm, Electrolux:

Exchange settings are 'Default' and 'Sfb'.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_EricB
    replied
    Hello chrille

Thank you for writing in,

I tried replicating on my end with Kinetick and adding a stock instrument but was not able to see the same on my end.

Can you please let me know what data provider you're using?

Can you also please post a screens hot of the custom instrument settings you're using?

I look forward to assisting further.

Leave a comment:

• chrille
    replied
    I noticed that this problem only exist on instruments I have add manually through the Instrument manager. I opened a position on a EURUSD chart and there the markers are showing.

Leave a comment:

• chrille
    started a topic Not seeing plot execution markers in chart

Not seeing plot execution markers in chart

Greetings awesome Ninja-staff!

Need some help:

I don't get any plot execution markers in my charts, regardless if I open/close a trade manually or use a strategy.
    Under Data Series > Trades - Plot executions is sett to 'Text and marker'.

Using v8.0.1.0

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post mmenigma  
Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
9 responses
0 likes