Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug Report - Displacement (Data Box and AddPlot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report - Displacement (Data Box and AddPlot)

1)
    When an indicator is added to a chart, the indicator value displayed in the Data Box is always the displacement = 0 setting rather than the actual displacement setting that is configured

2)
    When programmatically adding a plot to a chart, the displacement value is ignored. Example:

EMA(20).Displacement = 1; <- This setting is ignored
    AddChartIndicator(EMA(20));

Hello bean3178,

In NinjaTrader 7, this did not show the actual projected value on the non existant bars. Instead, this would show only the last bars value and would use this last value for a bars in the future (without showing the actual value saved for the indicator at would be that bars length away should there be empty place holders for those bars).

This is somewhat misleading as it may cause you to think this is the project value for that bar space, though it isn't, it is only the last bar's value for that plot (where the indicator last ran OnBarUpdate).

In NinjaTrader 8 this now says N/A as there really isn't a value there as there isn't a bar there for the Data Box to pick up on (showing a time most importantly, an open, high, low, close, and volume etc) that would be used to also show the indicator value.

I will submit a feature request on your behalf, to allow the Data Box to use the displacement value, to show the plots value on the projected space in front of the chart (without showing a time or ohlcv values).

I am finding you are correct about the Displacement being set from a Strategy is not effective.
    I have submitted a bug report about this to our development.

Thank you for your suggestions and for reporting this behavior.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-20-2016, 04:11 PM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To be clear regarding the Data Box:

If I add an indicator on the chart and use displacement = 1, it renders properly on the chart. However, if you mouse over a bar and look at the data box, the indicator value(s) listed are the Data Box is the displacement = 0 setting. The value(s) should match the chart value for the respective bar.

Comment

Hello bean3178,

I've received tracking IDs for your requests from our Development.

Your request for the data box to display the displaced value for indicator plots is being tracked with ID #SFT-1756.
        Your request to allow the Displacement to be set in an indicator from a strategy using AddChartIndicator() is being tracked with ID #SFT-1328.

It is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a feature request will be implemented.

We highly appreciate your feedback. Please let us know of any other requests or suggestions you have for the NinjaTrader platform.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes