Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break At EOD/Tick Replay no data issue

Hi

When I load a chart with "Break At EOD" unchecked, and "Tick Replay" checked in the Data Series window, this results in no data being loaded on the chart.

This happens with any instrument and any timeframe.

Either you must have both fields checked, or unchecked, or have "Break At EOD" checked, and "Tick Replay" unchecked to get any data.

I have verified this with a few other people and they all have the same result so this seems to be a bug with NT8.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello sberry,

Thanks for posting.

I am able to view a chart on my side with these same settings. Who are you connected to when you see this behavior?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew

Now it is working fine across all my charts - very strange. I did not change anythign at all on my end.

Over the course of the weekend, connecting to CQG data, it was not working across several computers.I don't know if it had anything to do with the fact that it was the weekend.

It wasn't producing any errors on screen or in the log.

Thanks

Comment

Hello NT support

I reported an issue a few weeks ago with charts not loading any data if "Tick Replay" was checked but "Break at EOD" was unchecked.

I am having the exact same issue this week. Yesterday it worked fine but today it's not working.

For some reason this only seems to happen on the weekend. There are no errors in the log file or screen when this happens - all you get is a blank chart.

As soon as I check "Break at EOD" the charts load fine.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I am using CQG data.

Thanks
        Last edited by sberry; 12-10-2016, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Hi

I've got a further update on this issue.

I discovered that this seemingly minor issue is the main reason NT has been crashing today. The last 6 times I tried to open NT8 it has crashed 30 seconds after opening it.

I realized that 2 of my charts had "tick replay" checked and "Break at EOD" unchecked. These were the problematic charts. I do have a third party indicator loaded on these charts. If I take the indicator off, NT doesn't crash but the charts still have no data.

When I checked both "tick replay" and "Break at EOD" on those charts, NT works fine.

When I uncheck both "tick replay" and "Break at EOD" on those charts, NT works fine.

When I uncheck "tick replay" but check "Break at EOD"on those charts, NT works fine.

It's that one specific combination of "tick replay" checked with "Break at EOD" unchecked that is causing no data to load on any chart I open and is causing my NT to crash when the custom indicator is added to the chart.

This seems to be the main error message in the log:

Failed to call 'Add' method: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsSeries.GetClose(Int32 index) at NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.GetClose(Int32 index) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.Update(Int 32 idx, Int32 bip) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.<>c__Displ ayClass449_2.<TickReplayOrUpdate>b__2(Object s, BarsUpdateEventArgs o) at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsSeries.Add(Bars bars, Double open, Double high, Double low, Double close, DateTime time, Int64 volume, Double tickSize, Boolean isBar, Double bid, Double ask)

Again, this only ever happens on the weekend. Could it be something to do with the EOD option and the weekend?

Thanks
          Last edited by sberry; 12-10-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report this item.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20161211.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Hello bogel,

If you are seeing this same behavior I would invite you to write in also using the instructions in my previous post. Thanks for reporting this behavior!

Comment

Originally posted by bogel
                how to invite me to show it
                contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20161211.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

If anyone else is having this issue, the solution is to change the end date (in the data series window) and that should solve the problem.

Just make sure the end date is not set on today's date and the charts will load fine.

Hopefully NT can find a permanent fix to this issue.

Comment

Hi sberry

Thanks a lot for the solution - I wasted hours trying to figure this out for myself.

So has NT management officially identified this a bug that they'll be fixing soon because it is going to be very annoying having to constantly change the end date on the weekend.

Comment

Hello,

I would also invite you to write in using the instructions in the previous posts so we may assist further.

Comment

Hello

I have also sent in my trace files as I am having this same issue.

I have had the exact issues that sberry and timbrown99 have had. Every Sunday my charts are blank if replay is ON and EOD is off. If I set EOD to off or I change the end date it works fine.

I'm part of a trading group with 16 other trades and we have all had the exact same issue - but only on the weekend.

Hope you can fix this.

Comment

Fix?

Hi,

Just wondering if there was a fix for this issue yet. Glad to hear it is only the weekend, but frustrating as I was debugging a BarType and thought it was my code, but does the same thing on a simple 1 Min chart on this Saturday evening. Simply disable EOD and enable Tick Replay, "Reload All Historical Data" might be required to flush the cache.

I have uploaded some images for guidance of what is happening.

I am using NT8 8.0.3.0.

EDIT: Just an update, I moved my System Date time from 1/14/2017 (Saturday evening) back to 1/12/2017 and the chart loaded when it previously would not on 1/14/2017.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NJA_MC; 01-14-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Not yet NJA_MC.

Drew from NT support has been emailing me for a few weeks regarding this issue but as of yet there is no solution.

The only fix is to change the end date.

BTW, what timezone are you in - I ask because this only seems to happen to non-US based traders.

I am located in Australia and for me this only happens on Sundays. I tried changing my timezone on my PC to NY time but that didn't fix it - I still had to move the end date back by 1 day to get it working. Very weird.

Comment

I am EST -5, It is dead right now, I am dead in the water...

I may need to set this issue aside until weekdays but that just doesn't make sense from a productivity issue. I am hoping they can do a quick patch as this is a major set-back. Looks like the issue has been around for about 1 month. I tried RC2 on my other system, did the same thing, failed to load Tick Replay without EOD selected. That is a few months old so it has been in the code for a while.

There have been a few time based issues during the beta in the past but I agree this one is strange. Probably because we are "in the session break", same problem may happen between the 1 hour session breaks as well, but we simply don't notice at that time... Reload later and everything works.
                              Last edited by NJA_MC; 01-14-2017, 05:45 PM. Reason: EST is -5 not +5

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite