Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 chart issues

Hello-

First, NT8 is noticeable better than NT7. It's more responsive and helps me do what I need to do. It does, however, crash sometimes when I load my data feed, but I'm hoping later versions will fix this. I never had a crash with NT7.

Two issues that happen with NT8 but not with NT7:

1) I use the tick counter indicator. I have this on a chart, CME futures RTH, so the ticks stop at :15 past the hour. The problem is the ticks clear/disappear at :15 past and I don't get a chance to see the tick count on the last tick bar, which I need to see to get an accurate tick count for the day. In NT7 the final bar ticks stayed until the cash open the next day.

Is there a setting in NT8 that will let this tick count stay on the chart until the next open?

2) If I have 3 charts, 1, 3, and 9 day timeframes, all linked, using Kinetick end of day, US equity RTH. When I load a stock, it will often load 2 charts fine but 1 will stay on yesterday's bar. Usually when I reload it fixes it, but the first try gives me this quirk. This never happened in NT7.

Are you aware of this? Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you.

Hello imalil,

1. Unfortunately I cannot test the end time of the CME Futures RTH right now. However I created a custom trading hours template that uses and end time to test the Tick counter. After the end time passes, the Tick counter continues to display the amount of ticks remaining. How long after the end time did you check the chart?

2. Do you notice any consistencies between the occurrences? When I test 3 daily window linked charts and cycle through the DOW instrument list, I do not experience any missing data. The last bar is labeled as November 21 and the price marker shows the same close price.

Try the following. Please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the location below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db

Delete the cache folder that is within the db folder.

The cache folder is used to quickly load data in chart windows - the actual data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders. The first time you load data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it will load data quickly again.

Start NinjaTrader and check if all charts load the requested data each time you switch instruments.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I deleted the cache folder in Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db. I did not notice any difference.

1) Here is a test you can perform regarding the last tick bar of the day:

In NT8, using CME Futures RTH and running the tick count indicator, make a workspace with one chart with high tick bars, like 50,000. Give it 3 days of data. Close the workspace. The next day, after the market closes--after 4:15pm EST--open this workspace, start the data feed. You will see there is no tick data for the last bar.

Do the exact same thing in NT7. You will see tick data on the last bar. And this data will remain until the cash open the following day. I haven't opened NT7 since 11/16/16. I opened today, started the feed, looked at this tick chart, and today's data was there. And it will stay there until Weds. cash open, like it's supposed to. My question is why can NT7 do this but NT8 can't?

2) Number 2 is not a big enough deal to worry about, but there is something else:

The daily bar volume is different in NT8 and NT7 by quite a bit. You can easily check this yourself. Why is this occurring?

Like I said before, I like NT8, but it is proving to be very unstable compared to NT7. I never had a crash in NT7 and my workspaces were the same.

Here's how it's affecting me:

I must first load a single chart workspace. Then start the data feed. Only then can I load my actual workspace without NT8 crashing. And today I just discovered that if I try to load another workspace with the same indicators but longer term timeframes when data feed is running, NT8 crashes every time. I can only have one workspace open at a time when my data feed is running. I don't understand this.

Again, NT7 never crashed no matter how elaborate my workspaces were. I'm using the same indicators on NT8 that I used on NT7.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

Comment

1. Am I correct you have 'Break at EOD' enabled in the Data Series menu of the chart? If so, please disable it and check if the issue remains.

2. Can you please tell me to what data feed/broker you connect. If you connect to NinjaTrader Continuum in NinjaTrader 8, daily bars are now load as per ETH (electronic trading hours). In NinjaTrader 7 daily bars are loaded in RTH (regular trading hours).

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support. Put 'Att Jason, 2 chart issues' in the subject header and make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled.

If you create a new workspace and recreate the workspace that does not open step by step, are you able to reproduce the crash?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes