• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chaz23j
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeMirror View Post

Hello,

What other combinations can be used? If there are any. Just wondering if it's possible to make it easier and faster. Thanks.
    Not aware of any, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• BeeMirror
    replied
    how does one edit the text? I can only figured out how to change the text via the properties but there I can't figure out how to do multiple lines. If I add a new text object then I can use this alt-enter trick the first time I'm entering the pro essay text.
    When you are in the properties of the text there is a box with your text in it. Click in the box and type as you normally would. You can even hit enter and create a new line of text. Yes the alt+enter when first creating your text in the chart will create a new line.
    Hello,

What other combinations can be used? If there are any. Just wondering if it's possible to make it easier and faster. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaCustomer
    replied
    Originally posted by chaz23j View Post

When you are in the properties of the text there is a box with your text in it. Click in the box and type as you normally would. You can even hit enter and create a new line of text. Yes the alt+enter when first creating your text in the chart will create a new line.
    ah, stupid me - I was trying to change the text in the tag box

Leave a comment:

• chaz23j
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaCustomer View Post

how does one edit the text? I can only figured out how to change the text via the properties but there I can't figure out how to do multiple lines. If I add a new text object then I can use this alt-enter trick the first time I'm entering the text.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaCustomer
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    We've discovered that ALT+ENTER will create a line break when editing the text tool on the chart.
    how does one edit the text? I can only figured out how to change the text via the properties but there I can't figure out how to do multiple lines. If I add a new text object then I can use this alt-enter trick the first time I'm entering the text.

Leave a comment:

• chaz23j
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    We've discovered that ALT+ENTER will create a line break when editing the text tool on the chart.
    Works perfectly, thanks for the info!

-Charles

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chaz23j
    replied
    On thinking back, I think my Shift+Enter idea seems cumbersome

Maybe "enter" creates a new line of text, and ctrl+enter submits it onto the chart or put a small "ok" button underneat the text box.

Just throwing ideas out there...

Leave a comment:

• TraderYoda
    replied
    Originally posted by chaz23j View Post
    It's April 2018 and the text tool still behaves this way.

Please bring back the return feature for mutliple lines of text while typing the first time.

Many apps all around the internet use the shift+enter in order to create a new line of text, while "enter" just sends the message.

Maybe you can impliment something similar.

Multiple lines of text the first time would be a big time saver and more easy to use.

-Charles
    I'm also looking for this feature.......it should be standard

Leave a comment:

• chaz23j
    replied
    It's April 2018 and the text tool still behaves this way.

Please bring back the return feature for mutliple lines of text while typing the first time.

Many apps all around the internet use the shift+enter in order to create a new line of text, while "enter" just sends the message.

Maybe you can impliment something similar.

Multiple lines of text the first time would be a big time saver and more easy to use.

-Charles

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JustinS
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

At this time it is only possible to do so by double clicking and pulling up the full dialogue and entering the text in the properties menu.

However as this seems like a rather simple change we may be able to add this in as a feature request for future updates.

Leave a comment:

• JerryWar
    started a topic Entering onscreen Text using the text tool

Entering onscreen Text using the text tool

The new text tool is nice because it is quicker
    However how do you enter in multiple lines without
    having to double click and pull up the full dialog. When you
    hit return it thinks your done ?

Jerry

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post