Trend channel does not always respect snap mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend channel does not always respect snap mode

With snap mode set to bar and price, the trend channel tool would still not respect the snap mode setting most of the time.

The only time the tool would snap to the price bar is when the trend channel's trendline is initially drawn. But not even the initial parallel would snap. Afterwards, when I tried to move either the trendline or the parallel, neither would snap to price at all.

Hello Softturbo,

Please note that the parallel line (2nd line) of the Trend Channel does not snap to price bars, only the trend line (1st line) will snap.

When I draw a Trend Channel and then remove it, the subsequent Trend Channel I draw still snaps the initial trend line. Are you able to reproduce this consistently? How do you remove the Trend Channel?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did not remove the trend channel. I was just editing the same channel by moving its anchor point on the chart. In this case, none of the lines would snap.
      Also in NT7, the behavior of the parallel line is such that it would also snap to price if snap mode is enabled. So I would suggest that there be at least an option to re-enable this behavior in NT8 if the default behavior has changed. Thanks.

Comment

I see, unfortunately the lines do not snap after you drawn them and then move the lines.

I will forward the suggestion to have the 2nd line snap to price bars in NinjaTrader 8 to development.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes