Swing Charts With Cumulative Delta for NinjaTrader Indicator Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing Charts With Cumulative Delta for NinjaTrader Indicator Problem

I am having a heck of a time running a few indicators and am not entirely sure where I've gone wrong. Basically I'm trying to run the GomDelta and the "PriceActionSwingDT" indicator that I've found on the futuresio forum.

I thought that I was supposed to load this "GomBaseAndDeltaPackage.2.6" as a ninjascript and now not only does it not work I cannot remove it. I cannot see the PriceActionSwingDT indicator to load even though I know it's in the folder.

In further research I see where someone else posted about not being able to remove a ninjascript and his instructions were to post a screen of the "compiled data" which I've done and shows the errors.

I'm just not sure how to proceed, I'm basically trying to run the "Swing Charts With Cumulative Delta for NinjaTrader" which has been suggested as Peter Davies uses on his Jigsaw website.

If I could get some help in figuring this out I would really appreciate it

Attached Files

Hello MakesTrades23,

Thank you for your post.

In the NinjaScript Editor, after your compile double click on the error and it will open the offending file that generated the error. It appears you may have duplicate files in your installation.

I would recommend going to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicators and ensuring there are no duplicate files in the installation.

Comment

Ahhaahhh! Thank you for the timely response. That did in fact resolve the Ninjascript and then I was able to load it properly, much appreciated.

I am not able to see this "PriceActionSwingDT" indicator in the list of indicators when I try and load in in NinjaTrader despite seeing it in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicators for sure, is it somehow appearing with a different name in the list?

Comment

ahhh shizen for some reason I can see it now, anyways I'm all sorted, thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by MakesTrades23 View Post
          ahhh shizen for some reason I can see it now, anyways I'm all sorted, thanks for the help!
          Hi MakesTrades23,

I was trying to load the same indicator for Jigsaw.

Do you mind sharing the steps to get the indicator in?

I am not too savvy with the scripting part though.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello Shienri,

Thank you for your post.

To manually import and indicator, go to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicators > copy and paste the indicator .cs file you wish import into this folder. Then go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > select the file you placed in the folder > OK > right click in the NinjaScript Editor and then select Compile. If there are errors you will see them listed here, if you need assistance with those errors please add a screenshot of the errors to your reply on this thread.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

The problem that i face is that the indicator I am using for NT7 is not compatible with NT8,
              and when i do an import of the zip file over it shows the message of the script is built for an older and incompatible version.

So was wondering if there's anyway to be able to import the script over and actually use them on NT8 as i did in NT7.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Shienri,

Thank you for your post.

You would need to convert the code to NinjaTrader 8. There are a few key items to look for when converting your scripts from NinjaTrader 7 format to NinjaTrader 8, and we keep a Code Breaking Changes table updated in the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide to assist in identifying changes or new implementations of familiar methods and properties from NinjaTrader 7: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

The biggest things that you will run into when converting will be:
                • Initialization has changed significantly. Initialize() has been replaced with OnStateChange(), which can be used to filter out different stages of the entire life cycle of a script (SetDefaults, Configure, Historical, Realtime, Terminated, etc.) OnStateChange() is fully covered in the Help Guide.
                • The names of many methods and properties have changed slightly, so you will need to refactor these in your code. The Code Breaking Changes table can make this task much easier, and there is also an alphabetical reference in the Help Guide that can help to find new method/property names: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._reference.htm
                • In numerous instances, you now have direct access to objects, where in NinjaTrader 7 you had to work with interfaces. For example, rather than the IOrder interface, you now have direct access to an Order object and its related fields. This will require a change in the way items like this are handled in your code.

As always, we are more than happy to help out with tips and advice in this area, although we do not offer full script conversion services.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post f.saeidi  
                Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes