Bars Type display improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bars Type display improvement

Is it possible to get a bug request made up so that the chart displays the bars type a bit better please? The image explains my request:

Hello bboyle1234,

Thanks for your post.

The example provided shows a bar type of @Diagnos.. Please note that the name of the bar type should be set in the bar types OnStateChange() method in the State.SetDefaults or State.Configure using Name = "bar type name to display here";

If I understand correctly you are identifying that the bar type name is not fully displayed and your suggestion is to auto shift the toolbar icons to the right to accommodate the bar type name. I will write up a feature request for this or if one exists your vote will be added to it. I will update this thread when we have further information.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello bboyle1234,

In addition, you might be interested to use the charts "Tab properties" to apply the bar type name to the tab of the chart which does auto adjust. To access, right mouse click on chart and select "Properties" then see the selections for "Tab name" via the drop down arrow, "@Period_ALL" would show the bar name and value.

Comment

NT7 dynamically sizes that control, where the bar type is displayed, which is nice. NT8 is really nice in a lot of ways and having that drop list control dynamically size itself to the length of the string would have be nice too.

Comment

Hello,

Just to update, the feature request has been assigned as, SFT-1765, "Dynamic length Bar type name field". Both votes have been added to it.

Note, if you move the mouse cursor over the field, the tooltip will also reveal the full name.

Thank-you for your suggestion on how we can improve Ninjatrader8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rtwave
          by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses