• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Nt 8 using 24gb of ram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt 8 using 24gb of ram

So i had issue with opening ninjatrader and keeping it on without charts freezing maxing out 6gb of ram.. so i decided to upgrade my ram to 24gb. Last night i turned it on and i t was loading very slow and i decided to leave it on during the night. When i walk up my cpu was using maybe 1% (4ghz cpu) and my ram was at max 24 gb. Ninjatrader was using 99% of the ram. Its happening every day for past few days. Can you help me to deal with this?

Hello sk_future,

Below I am providing a link to the NinjaTrader 8 section of the forums.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=66

Are you using any particular 3rd party indicators, strategies, or other addons?

Are you able to reproduce the behavior with a new blank workspace on charts that do not have any addons such as indicators or strategies applied?

First, I suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if any information is accidentally lost.
    Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...p__restore.htm

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspaces. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
    • Move all workspace .xml files to a new folder on your Desktop (or Documents)
      (This means remove these from the NinjaTrader 8\workspaces\ folder by moving them to a new folder outside of the NinjaTrader settings folder)
    • After moving these files, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for the issue. Do not load a template on this new chart or any indicators.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, this indicates the issue is with a script saved within your workspace.
    I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-27-2016, 08:04 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Worked out perfectly. I shouldnt have bought these rams....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by siroya, Today, 06:32 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post siroya
      by siroya

Started by fluffier, Yesterday, 11:49 PM
      1 response
      0 likes