Master instrument migration issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master instrument migration issue

In NT7 I have instruments named "nnn.TO". The instruments and data migrate to NT8 without problem but if I try to edit one of these instruments (add to the Symbol Map) an error is generated when the change is applied.

The "Master instrument" field can only contain letters, digits and underscores.
    Is there any way to fix this without recreating these instruments and reloading historical data?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1610910
    Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The log and trace files probably won't show anything... the data migration from NT7 to NT8 was successful.

The problem is that once migrated to NT8, instruments with names that were valid in NT7 such as "RY.TO" can't be edited without triggering the error message stating that the field can only contain letters, digits, and underscores.

It is easy to test. In NT8 try to add an instrument with Master instrument = "RY.TO". This will trigger the error message.

I got around this by editing the NT7 database (nt_masterinstrument name field) to replace periods with underscores, running a script to rename data folders, then migrating again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Belfortbucks  
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist