Moved NT User Files to Alternate Drive (E:) - NT error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved NT User Files to Alternate Drive (E:) - NT error

Over the weekend I decided to move my Documents folder from my SSD drive to my empty drive E: with the Properties > Location > Move > E: function.

I can see all my NT files under that drive. I did a fresh NT reinstall but when i try to start NT up the message,

"Unable to connect to database 'Data Source="E:\\NinjaTrader7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf"': ObjectSpace: Connection String is Invalid - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

Any suggestions on how to mend this?

Thank you

Hello Teancum,

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC.

- Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    - Add and remove software/programs
    - Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    - Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here

- Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    - Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to
    - Run the file named SSCERuntime-ENU.exe in which you will want to extract to this directory once more (there will be two files)
    - SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    - SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    - Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    - Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    - You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

New SQL executable installed, Working great, but...

Thank you VERY much for the SQL installation instructions, worked great.

I do have a minor problem in that some of the custom indicators i've installed aren't working properly because they are referencing DLL files that they are expecting to see under C: drive (see attachment).

I tried to delete them but the editor won't allow because of the incorrect referencing (catch-22?)

suggestions?
      Attached Files

Comment

Good to hear the SQL installation instructions worked.

Can you please right click in the window that shows the indicator code (above the compiling errors) and select 'References'. This will open the References window. Please remove the references for the .dll files listed in the compiling errors. Once removed, please click OK and compile your NinjaScript files again.

Comment

Error DLL's deleted,new error

I deleted the DLLs referenced in the error, compiled again, this time I received errors relating to another script that was installed before I moved the My Documents folder (ninzaHorizontalLabel).

Please advise how to respond to these errors.

Thank you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you please open the References window again and add back the .dll reference you removed. Likely the old reference you deleted pointed to an incorrect file location. After you click Add, please navigate to the location below and check if you see the .dll file.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom

If you cannot find the .dll file there, I suggest to use Windows search to look for ninZaHorizontalLabel_NT7.dll.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post terofs
            by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
            1 response