Sooo many issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo many issues

Nt8 release - Should have been rc3. I've had a ton of issues with the release.

Today, after using yesterday for the full day without issue, completing a backup on exit (is it me or do a mass of issues always come after the backup), today on opening, all sorts of issues and errors in the log and the formatting on some chart windows totally broken. Was working perfectly on shutdown and all day yesterday. I did not change any aspect of the setup. Made 1 trade. Made a backup on closing. Shutdown normally. Today, not fit for use.

My price ladder is all squashed up and no matter how I try to change the scale, remains so.

No amount of fettling can fix it. So, I reload my trusty template. NT8 tells me it can't as it's broken and is possibly from another version. Oh... So, I quit and start a new workspace (again) and load the template OK... This sort of issue seems ongoing for me and costs me significant downtime each time.

I have only a few simple indicators, mostly ones I coded myself. Even if these were coded badly (which I don't believe they are, not that bad, anyway), nt8 should not completely break and leave itself in an unfixable state that requires completely rebuilding your chart windows and workspaces.

I'm sure you are getting some stick elsewhere too. I can't be the only one with these issues. Not sure how the bug re the tick replay not working in release got through q&a.

Great platform, love the way nt8 is going and I put a significant effort into using it as my platform, but cannot afford to have issues for months and must move forward, so (no idle threat - I just have to work), please, please put some qa into your releases so I don't have to change platform.

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    Please list 'ATTN: Patrick ' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Thanks - I have done this before, but it seems I get the fairly standard response back that it's likely down to an indicator and to start rebuilding my workspace again, one chart/indicator at a time and see what causes the issue. Of course, when I do that, it all works (so I assume the indicators are not an immediate issue). I'm good for a week or so, then bam, it throws a wobbly and looses it all again. I'm sure you can appreciate it's just frustrating given the size of the workspace I have to rebuild.

I managed to remove that particular chart window and rebuild it in the same workspace, so I'm running again. Exact same indicators, just rebuilt the chart and a few 'reload all historical data' goes, a couple reloads.

What I have noticed is that as per today, the data recorded seems very odd. I get odd plots in the charts occasionally, including today. A 'reload all from historical data' often cures this weirdness. It does seem that NT8 recorded data gets messed up occasionally. I've verified it is not a provider error as the same data feed is OK on a separate platform. I have noticed that NT8 does seem to do this if you do an initial load of an indicator that has a lot of things to plot on tick replay (which is broken at the moment anyway). It does seem that during that time where nt8 is fairly locked up dealing with the indicator/tick reply, the inbound data during that time can get screwed up. Certainly, I often have gaps in my charts where that happens.

Now I'm getting these direct x errors I've not seem before also

2016-11-29 13:22:48:910 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method.
      2016-11-29 13:22:48:910 ERROR: Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method. '
      2016-11-29 13:22:48:912 Gui.Chart.Direct2DForm.RenderToTarget.ERROR: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
      at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException( ExceptionResource resource)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator .MoveNext()
      at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Direct2DForm.RenderToTarget( RenderTarget renderTarget)

But I'm running, so I'm not going to mess with it any further for now.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your response.

Development would like to review your log and trace files as well. Would you be willing to send these over?

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        Please list 'ATTN: Patrick ' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Done - I hope it helps.

Paul

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM