Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Series<T> for each Chart

Hello,

i have a bunch of indicators, all working on the same chart which are all based on a Series<T> that stores a custom object for each bar containing a dictionary with bid and ask volume for each price of that bar.

Currently each indicator builts that Serie for itself using OnMarketData to store the bid and ask volume with Tick Replay.

Would it be possible to create an Addon which stores these values once for each chart and then all attached indicators could access thisSerie?

Regards,
    Mike
    Last edited by mk77ch; 11-29-2016, 06:42 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I am unsure of a way for the addon to "Collect" data in this way from each Chart. One way could potentially be to have the indicators report to a "Static class". A static class could be seen by any indicators or an Addon, if the indicators reported to the class and later the addon access it, the data should be available. This wouldnt nessasarily be something I could provide a sample for, but I have prevously provided a general static addon sample here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...24&postcount=3

In that sample, an addon is used to make a static class, then an indicator is used to Set the value, and a Strategy is used to Read the value the indicator sets. In your case the problem may be with syncing data because you are using a Series rather than just a simple double. You could try this sample to see if it can be worked into something that will work with your existing logic.

Outside of doing something like this, you may be limited to writing to file with each indicator and reading the data written from the addon.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post trilliantrader  
    Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes