Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backtest with Kagi,Renko, Line breaks..

Hi

I am new to NT and am looking for some specific features so have a few questions. Appreciate your help.

Can we write strategies directly on price charts such as Renko or Kagi and back test it?

Is it possible to have strategies mixing for example Renko with candlesticks each on different time frameframes?

is it possible to have strategies using 2 or more assets for decision making? For example mixing WTI and EURUSD?

Is the NinjaTrader backtesting tool considered to be CEP? Can it for example simulate two or more assets simultaneously?

Thanks

Hello jakjak74,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

I'll post your questions and answer them:

I am new to NT and am looking for some specific features so have a few questions. Appreciate your help. It will be imporatnt for you to become vary familiar with the helpguide as that is the ultimate source for information. Here are a couple of links to get you started with strategy development and strategy backtesting: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nt_process.htm
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...y_analyzer.htm

Can we write strategies directly on price charts such as Renko or Kagi and back test it? Yes, a strategy applied to a chart will show the historical trades it would have taken.

Is it possible to have strategies mixing for example Renko with candlesticks each on different time frameframes? Yes, it will be important for you to have a solid understanding of the multi timeframe, multiseries coding required. this section will provide the foundation for that: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nstruments.htm

is it possible to have strategies using 2 or more assets for decision making? For example mixing WTI and EURUSD? Yes, with reference to the previous link.

Is the NinjaTrader backtesting tool considered to be CEP? Can it for example simulate two or more assets simultaneously? I don't understand either of these questions, please clarify.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks Paul.
      For the last question I was meaning by CEP, complex event processing. So is the NT backtesting tool just limited to to process the strategy on a bar by bar basis or not? I guess not from what you have already said.

Comment

Hello jakjak74,

Thanks for your reply.

I did a google search for CEP and found many references (some quite hilarious) but I didn't see that one, so thanks for the clarity.

NinjaTrader will process on a bar by bar basis.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes