Failed to Call OnRender for Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to Call OnRender for Text

So I have not gotten this one in a while But when it rains it pours. I probably got a Hundred of them at once.

2016-11-29 11:25:40:110 ERROR: Failed to call OnRender for 'Text': 'The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: value'

There is only one place where I even do anything remotely close to what the error is indicating and that is that I use a the Anchor from and Arrow placed on the chart to Determine where to Draw a Diamond. The issue is that this section of code is not enabled. ( Boolean enable in my UserInterface) so I am thinking one of two things is happening. Either the code is going out for a quick lunch ( corrupted workspace) and returns or somehow unexecuted code is generating this error. Regardless I commented it out and placed a print statement in its place should it get hit again. But if there is any additional thoughts I would appreciate any input. There is no semblance of anything on my screen which would indicated the code did execute.

Thanks
    Jerry

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line with a reference to this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Now that I put in checks for this I am getting a new message. Failed to Call OnRender for Text value out of Range.

so I am assuming since I check for the x Axis value to be legit I need to check for a legit Yaxis value.
      How do I go about that. I mean I can check for y<0 but how do I check the upper range. I only want it printing when the range of the symbol is violated.

Thanks
      Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your response.

Print the Y and X values and verify the values are correct. However, I would like to investigate this matter further. We have several open cases for you are this time, can you update via email on whichever ticket this is for?

Comment

I have the ticket from email, no need to update. I will follow up with you on email.

Comment

Patrick the problem is that This happened only Once today and printed several hundred error messages and then didn't happen again. If I reload it will not happen even thought my routines all compute on bar close such that their should be no difference between real time and Historical. If I am printing on every label update It will slow things to a crawl and I won't be able to trade. That is why ratther than Physically printing everything I wanted to somehow do a range check and print on anything out of Range but that is proving difficult.

Jerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes