Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting Problems on VM

Hi,

I'm trying to run NT8 in Windows 7 on a VMware ESXI dedicated server. The dedicated server has a decent processor and other specs but lacks a discrete graphics card.

Everything works fine apart from Charting - the chart window shows me by default my desktop and the windows I have open instead of the price charts. However, when dragging the chart window around or resizing, I see the chart correctly but once the move/resize is done it reverts to showing me the background.

To actually get the chart visible and updated, I need to scroll within the chart window or rezoom the chart. Even then, most of the time while scrolling, nothing happens (i.e. the chart doesn't update).

My understanding was that without discrete graphics, rendering charts might be slower or might consume more processing power. However, this just doesn't seem to work at all. Is there a solution to this?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I have seen some DirectX errors occur on installations of the platform on Virtual Machines. So I can confirm this, I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20161129.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'd be VERY interested in seeing that fixed. I'm using VirtualBox box the issue is similar.

Please let me know if you'd like me to provide you anything that would help you to solve that issue

Regards,
      Darek

Comment

Hello,

I'm happy to investigate your specific case of this as well. Please feel free to write in to us per my instructions in my previous post.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not sure if this will help you, but my problem was that NT was not initializing DirectX properly.

What fixed it for me was going to the registry, finding HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > DirectX, then deleting the InstalledVersion and Version entries and rebooting. I'm afraid this might cause problems in other applications, but it's fine for me since I use my VM solely for NT and automated trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238
          by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
          24 responses
          0 likes