Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to persist values in a hidden tabbed SuperDom column?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to persist values in a hidden tabbed SuperDom column?

Hi there,

I'm still using NT8b13. I have searched the release notes for RC1 and RC2 and could not find this mentioned....so thus this post.

I have a SuperDom column sending values to a chart indicator via a static double array. This works just fine when the SuperDom column is visible, however if I change a tab to another instrument, the values cease to persist, when I change the tab back to the original, it responds. (BTW... the static class is only active with the one instrument, so there is no dual usage.... just to clear that up).

Is there something like:

"
    IsSuspendedWhileInactive = false;"

for SuperDom columns?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Sim22; 11-30-2016, 02:08 AM.

Hello Sim22,

Thank you for your post.

The code you process in your SuperDOM Column can still update if the function you call them in updates when the column is not visible.

For example, if you were to use the Volume column you will notice the OnBarsUpdate method created from a BarsRequest in the Configure State. If you call your code in the OnBarsUpdate method created in the Volume column it will continue to update even when not visible.
    However, if I had my code processing in the OnRender method and I set a SuperDOM Column to Visible = false then my code will not update as OnRender would not be called when the object is not visible.

With that said, in what function/method do you call your code? Is this a function that is called at all times?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

thanks for responding. Basically I hacked the @Volume column to plot a live histogram of the bid-ask levels. I scrapped the @Volume OnBarUpdate method as I wasn't asking for historical values via BarsRequest. I am saving the values into a static double array via OnRender using a foreach loop of the
      SuperDom.MarketDepth.Asks and
      SuperDom.MarketDepth.Bids lists.

. As you said this will not update in OnRender when hidden.... makes sense...... got it.

It's no stress, just if I use tabbed Doms then this will be an inconvenience.......

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
      15 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
      1 response
      0 likes