Price alert email entirely wrong chart with message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price alert email entirely wrong chart with message

I received an email for an alert I've set for a ray on the 6C chart. The email text shows the correct information. But the chart that is included is for an entirely different instrument - that of the currently active tab in the chart window instead of the chart that triggered the alert. I've tried setting the "screenshot type" to "tab" and "chart" as well but the result is still the incorrect chart being sent.

On a different subject, I'd like to suggest that the same "@MESSAGE" syntax used in the "Text" field in the email setting be supported in the "Subject" field as well. This would help greatly in getting gmail to sort through alerts from different charts.

Thanks.

Alert setting:

Email received

6C 12-16 (20 Minute) Ray 7 Alert triggered at 0.74925 11/30/2016 8:30:01 AM

Attached Files

Hello Softturbo. Thank you for your report. I wasn't quite able to see the same thing on my system that you saw on yours. Would it be possible for you to prepare a workspace that this occurs in, using only built-in Ninja components, and to then attach your workspace file (these are located in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces ) to a reply?

I would also like to ask, is this just something that happens in e-mail messages, or can you cause similar messages to happen with pop-up dialogues as well?

That said, I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :
    This user would like to be able to expand variables such as @MESSAGE in the subject line of e-mails sent out using alerts
    I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached is the workspace I am using. I have not tried the pop-up dialog option. But my problem is that the screenshot of the wrong chart is attached to the email. So I don't think the pop-up dialog option would have the problem as it probably would not take any screenshot but rather redirect me to the chart directly.

Here is how to reproduce the issue:
      1. Set up a price alert to share a message through email with a screenshot attached.
      -The screenshot can be of any type. But I chose "window" because that would clearly show which chart the screenshot is for.
      -I've also modified the "Text" field (under "message" of the alert itself and not the one under properties of "share a message") to include the dataseries, time, and price as shown in my original post so that I know which chart the alert is for.
      -You can choose to set up the alert to be triggered by a rectangle drawn around the current bar of a live market to make sure that an alert would be hit quickly when price moves outside of it.

2. With the alert set up for a particular chart, now click on any other chart on the same chart windows to make it active and the chart with the alert inactive.

3. Wait for the alert to be triggered WITHOUT peeking at the chart with the alert set.

4. When the alert is triggered, an email message will be sent. In it, you will see that the alert text would correctly identify which alert was triggered. But the attached screenshot would be for the wrong chart - namely whichever chart that's currently active on the chart window instead of the one that actually triggered the alert.
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rocketman7  
      Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
      1 response
      0 likes