Can't Maximize Charts from Windows 10 Task Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Maximize Charts from Windows 10 Task Bar

I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm this problem. When I run NT8 v 8.0.1.0 on my Windows 10 laptop, charts do not maximize properly from the task bar. A screen shot of the problem is below. In the upper left, you can see the chart name for the ES contract, and in the upper right the usual arrow showing that all the data is to the left of the right border. But you can also see that the ES data bars are not showing, the charting window for the ES appears transparent to the rest of the non-maximized windows behind it, and even a portion of the desktop shows in the lower left and on the right.

The only way to get the charts to load properly properly from the task bar is to "restore" each chart so that it is not maximized before minimizing it to the task bar. Then, when the chart is selected from the task bar it will pop-up properly in non-maximized form, and when the maximize button is pressed it will maximize, with the data showing properly.

This is a very odd problem. I do not have it with any other program, and I have tested it with and without custom indicators loaded, and with and without custom indicators in the compilation with the same result. This problem did not occur with NT7.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.

To be sure your PC is up to date it would be prudent to check for any graphics card directx updates.

Primarily your graphics card may be having issues rendering the charts correctly if the drivers are out of date. As such I would suggest checking for driver updates first. After this is done retest to see if the issue remains.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Windows 10 says I have the latest graphics driver for my card, and when I run a dxdiag, it says I have DirectX12. I do not have this problem on the desktop PC, only on the laptop. The laptop runs a screen resolution of 1366 x 768, by default, which is even greater than the minimum requested guidelines for hardware.

I consider this matter unresolved.

Comment

Hello Joe,
        Thank you for your reply.

So that I may better view how the platform is processing commands please send us a copy of your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1613725

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_T View Post
          I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm this problem. When I run NT8 v 8.0.1.0 on my Windows 10 laptop, charts do not maximize properly from the task bar. A screen shot of the problem is below. In the upper left, you can see the chart name for the ES contract, and in the upper right the usual arrow showing that all the data is to the left of the right border. But you can also see that the ES data bars are not showing, the charting window for the ES appears transparent to the rest of the non-maximized windows behind it, and even a portion of the desktop shows in the lower left and on the right.

The only way to get the charts to load properly properly from the task bar is to "restore" each chart so that it is not maximized before minimizing it to the task bar. Then, when the chart is selected from the task bar it will pop-up properly in non-maximized form, and when the maximize button is pressed it will maximize, with the data showing properly.

This is a very odd problem. I do not have it with any other program, and I have tested it with and without custom indicators loaded, and with and without custom indicators in the compilation with the same result. This problem did not occur with NT7.

Any help would be appreciated.
          I believe this is probably the same problem that occurred during multiple beta versions and still occurs on my system.

Please refer to thread: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=83121

If you read right through the whole thread you will find quite a lot of info on this issue.

I have had this problem for at least the last 6 versions of NT8 and I also run Win 10.

According to NinajTrader_JessicaP's last post this problem was confirmed on their end back in July! I don't really understand why NinjaTrader_JustinS is now asking you to send in your log and trace files when they already have confirmed that the problem exists.

In my case I run 5 monitors and the problem only occurs on three of them. I run all the latest drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
            According to NinajTrader_JessicaP's last post this problem was confirmed on their end back in July! I don't really understand why NinjaTrader_JustinS is now asking you to send in your log and trace files when they already have confirmed that the problem exists.

In my case I run 5 monitors and the problem only occurs on three of them. I run all the latest drivers.
            There are many problems and variations to run through. He'll be able to get some system information from them.

I remember another similar post, I only saw this once in win 10 where I did not get a maximized window. I couldn't reproduce.

One other question for FmT : does windows detect all your monitors names correctly? Or does it see some as generic? I remember my Dell u3011 came with a driver.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JustinS View Post
              Hello,
              Thank you for your post.

To be sure your PC is up to date it would be prudent to check for any graphics card directx updates.

Primarily your graphics card may be having issues rendering the charts correctly if the drivers are out of date. As such I would suggest checking for driver updates first. After this is done retest to see if the issue remains.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
              Moving an NT Chart window to secondary monitor, in the main WIN10 taskbar - start playing with on the window - right click - max/min/restore. These errors are generated.

This does not happen on the main laptop window.

Code:
              ******************* Session Start (Version 8.0.1.0) *******************
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:272 InstallDir='C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\'
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:272 UserDataDir='C:\Users\WS60_6QJ-025\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\'
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:276 OS='Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0'/'Win32NT'
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:284 Processors=8
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:284 PhysicalMemory=16384 MB
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:284 .NET/CLR Version='4.0.30319.42000'/64bit
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:284 SqlCeVersion='4.0.8482.1'
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:284 ApplicationTimezone=EST +0 hour(s)
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:284 LocalTimezone=EST +0 hour(s)
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:304 DirectXRenderingHW
              2016-12-02 23:33:49:306 Deleting temporary files...
              [B]2016-12-03 10:54:13:171 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809
              2016-12-03 10:54:16:710 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809
              2016-12-03 10:54:55:480 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809
              2016-12-03 11:26:54:739 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809
              2016-12-03 11:27:36:306 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809
              2016-12-03 11:27:44:322 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809
              [/B]

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post

One other question for FmT : does windows detect all your monitors names correctly? Or does it see some as generic? I remember my Dell u3011 came with a driver.

All my 5 monitors are detected correctly. They are all Dell U2412M. NT8 is definitely doing something unusual with graphics handling as it is the only program on my PC where I see this issue.

Comment

hay friends

how to learn about this me just beginners

Comment

Thanks. I read this thread over, and am having the same problem on my desktop, more particularly on one monitor. When you maximize a chart, it expands beyond the borders of the monitor. I just want to confirm that that problem is not fixed, as well. In addition, I will post a second reply on a second graphics handling problem.

Comment

More Problems with Window Handling

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
                      I believe this is probably the same problem that occurred during multiple beta versions and still occurs on my system.

Please refer to thread: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=83121

If you read right through the whole thread you will find quite a lot of info on this issue.

I have had this problem for at least the last 6 versions of NT8 and I also run Win 10.

In addition to this problem, but related to it, I need to report that on a completely different PC, my desktop PC, not my laptop, I created a Market Analyzer window on the main monitor, and a chart on the secondary monitor. Then, I minimized the Market Analyzer window and shut down NT8 session. Later, I re-opened the NT8 session and I was prompted by "Some windows were created outside of the main monitor window. Do you want to re-position them to the main monitor?" I selected "no", because I didn't want to. But, when I did that, I found under no circumstances could I open the Market Analyzer window from the task bar. I did that several times with exactly the same results.

Then, I had the idea to close NT8, and re-open it, and answer "Yes", to the re-position prompt. This time I could easily open the Market Analyzer window from the task bar, but of course the chart on the second monitor moved back to the main monitor and had to be re-positioned then back to the second monitor.

Something seems very funky about how NT8 is handling windowing commands, especially in relationship to laptop, and multi-monitor situations. Let me know what can be done to resolve this situation.

Thanks,
                      Joe

Comment

More Problems with Window Handling

In addition to this problem, I have to report two other problems: First, that when a chart is moved from the main monitor to the second monitor, and then maximized, this causes the Windows 10 task bar on that monitor to disappear behind the chart. See attachment. Second, that the NT8 chart window button doesn't move to the Windows 10 task bar of the monitor that they are moved to. If I create a chart on the left (main) monitor, and move it to the right monitor, the button follows the chart to the right monitor. But, if I move the chart back to the left (main) monitor, the button does not follow the chart back to the left (main) monitor.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_T View Post
                          In addition to this problem, I have to report two other problems: First, that when a chart is moved from the main monitor to the second monitor, and then maximized, this causes the Windows 10 task bar on that monitor to disappear behind the chart. See attachment. Second, that the NT8 chart window button doesn't move to the Windows 10 task bar of the monitor that they are moved to. If I create a chart on the left (main) monitor, and move it to the right monitor, the button follows the chart to the right monitor. But, if I move the chart back to the left (main) monitor, the button does not follow the chart back to the left (main) monitor.

On my PC the charts partially overlap the taskbars. This happens with both the standard Win 10 multi-monitor task bar setting as well as Display Fusion which is what I normally use.

If I use the standard Win 10 multi- monitor task bar setting the control panel "button" follows the control panel to whatever monitor it is dragged to. The chart "buttons" however do not follow the charts if they are dragged to a different monitor. This happens even though Windows is set to "Show taskbar buttons on Taskbar where windows is open" All other programs behave as expected.

If I use Display Fusion multi monitor software I do not experience any problems with the chart buttons.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

At this time it would be prudent to make sure you have upgraded to the new release of NT8 which was released just yesterday. The R2 release has addressed many bugs from visual to functional.

Most of the issues pertaining to chart minimization and expansion have been related to DirectX problems however, please upgrade if you haven't done so already. This will ensure that all current fixes to the platform are applied.

http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Please let us know if the issue persists past the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JustinS View Post
                              Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

At this time it would be prudent to make sure you have upgraded to the new release of NT8 which was released just yesterday. The R2 release has addressed many bugs from visual to functional.

Most of the issues pertaining to chart minimization and expansion have been related to DirectX problems however, please upgrade if you haven't done so already. This will ensure that all current fixes to the platform are applied.

Please let us know if the issue persists past the upgrade.

Thanks Justin

Will upgrade and let you know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              166 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sidlercom80  
                              Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                              0 responses