Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Recovering Ninja

Ninja has gotten corrupted again.
    I have done the following to try and recover.
    1) Rename SDF
    2) Uninstall/Reinstall / Delete _workspace and Create Charts from templates.

I suspect something is wrong in the settings folder but I don't remember the sequence to Rename it and recover my info. I would appreciate some assistance.

Jerry

Hello JerryWar,

Thanks for your post,

These steps will clear all previous installation information and install a new copy of the platform.
    Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.

• Close all running applications.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Then manually rename the folder 'NinjaTrader 8' located under Start> My Documents. (Right Click > Rename > Enter a different name and press Enter.)
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Once these steps are completed, download NT8 from the link below.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
      Ninja has gotten corrupted again.

I suspect something is wrong in the settings folder but I don't remember the sequence to Rename it and recover my info. I would appreciate some assistance.
      Not sure exactly your setup and what corruption issues you have, but have you run a disk check in Windows lately on c:\ ?

In win explorer, right click c:, properties, tools, error checking, check, leave 1st option, don't do 2nd, it should schedule and run in next reboot in dos type screen.

Comment

Shawn,
        I did that before but I lost everything when I did it. I had none of my Indicators, None of my templates,
        Nothing. There is a way to recover that info I know as I was walked thru it before. Could you outline that recoveryprocedure.

Thanks for the response
        Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

If you renamed your previous Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder. You may be able rename it back to "NinjaTrader 8" to restore the previous settings.

Also if you have created a backup previously, you could restore the backup file. Here is the Restoring a Backup Archive Help Guide to assist with restoring if you have a backup file.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide. http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...p__restore.htm
          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Renaming back gives me the same issues. So I imported my backup and got the following

Error.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a summary of my last two weeks and all
              the crashes with NT8 . NT7 has had None - Same Machine.

Jerry
              Attached Files

Comment

Sledge,
                It doesn't have an option for Reboot, Just immediate, maybe because its Flash drive.
                But I had it run and no issues. I have zero problems with NT7 just NT8.

Thanks

Comment

So I narrow the problem down to my template files Crashing ninja. As I Individually recreated All the templates It is clear there is a bug in Saving, Altering and using Template files for Lines. As I recreated the templates for my Drawlines, that my indicator usesm as the indicator was running I saw all the screens blank white when I created it Just as happend when It crashed before. Keep in mind that drawlines template was defaulting to the default template prior to that because there was no way it could of found the Named one as I was in process of creating them. I only use templates for Drawline because I am forced to, The overloads don't seem to exist for the line brush specs if you use other things like IsGlobal.

Jerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  15 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes