Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data

Hello.

Im quite new at NT8, and im having dificulty understanding the Historical Data. I do have the demo account at Continuum for now.

Tools>Historical Data>Download - I went in here and downloaded the ES 12-16 from 01-01-2012 till now, how do i get this information onto a chart?

Also, is this data with rollovers or will i have to download all the ES contracts separetly?
    Last edited by h4nc0ck; 12-02-2016, 06:13 AM.

Hello h4nc0ck,

Thank you for your use of NinjaTrader 8.

Not all providers support historical tick/min data. NinjaTrader Continuum does provide this data so you will only need to set the date range you wish to view.

This may be accomplished by right mouse clicking in your chart >Data Series >Load data based on >Custom Range >Start Date >01/01/2012 >OK.

The NinjaTrader Continuum data feed will include the settlement adjusted close price. For more information on Historical Data I have included the Service by Provider section of the NT8 Help Guide below. Here you will find a table that displays all NinjaTrader supported connectivity providers as well as the historical and real-time data provided by each.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for responding.

So right now Im in the process of downloading historical data on different instruments. Now once downloaded, will it automaticly use the data stored on my computer?

Also will i be able to be offline and view the historical data on the charts?

Comment

Hello h4nc0ck,

Thanks for posting.

NinjaTrader 8 has a preinstalled 'Playback connection' supports running on Market Replay data or Historical data.

You will need to disconnect from your live data feed prior to connecting to the Playback connection. While offline you may connect to the Playback connection as well as the Simulated data feed.

I have included the Help Guide section along with a video tutorial below that demonstrates downloading market replay data and setting up the Playback connection.

NT8 Help guide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../?playback.htm
        Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHwRRpRlO1s

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
        ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes