• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not download market replay data for SIM version

Downloaded Ninja Trader platform.
    Selected Kinetick - End of Day (Free)

Then, in Tools -> Import -> Get Market Replay Data -> Then download
    Then Connections -> Playback Connection
    No matter what I do, that play back does not work.

Here's what I want to do:

Come back at home night.
    I want to replay market from today or yesterday in real time, practicing trades.
    Would this be possible ?

Btw, I have IB account, but I thought Ninja Trader SIM is working on its own?

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

The “Playback” connection within NinjaTrader 8 will allow you to replay previous data in either two different formats: Market Replay and Historical.

The format for Market Replay data is different from the historical chart data available from Kinetick’s servers. Market Replay data can either be recorded from a live feed or downloaded from NinjaTrader’s server.

The Playback connection will also allow you to replay the historical tick data, which you can download directly from Kinetick’s data servers. You can learn more about the “Playback” connection at the following link to the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide:

So I may troubleshoot this issue, could you tell me which instrument and which dates you are trying to receive market replay data for?

I look forward to assisting you further.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the message. Before going into depth, can you answer this question?

1) After market closes at 4 pm, is it possible to download market replay data for *today* (if not, yesterday is ok) and practice trading? after I get back home like 7 pm.

2) I want to look at Level I, Level II data just like real trading

3) When I click NinjaTrader8, it asks me to choose and I chose the following. Is it ok?
      Selected Kinetick - End of Day (Free)

4) I do have IB account, and interested in using Ninjatrader with IB. But I want to practice NinjaTrader first.

What should I do to make #1, #2 work ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

1) Yes. Market Replay data will be downloaded from NinjaTrader servers and is available after the end of day trading.

2) Level 2 Data will be downloaded if it is available from NinjaTrader servers. Most common traded futures will have this data.

3) Kinetick - End of Day (Free) will only provide daily data or greater and will likely not provide enough of the data you wish to use to practice trades.

4) You may certainly use Interactive Brokers with NinjaTrader. Here is a connection guide to help you get started: http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

To download historical data, please do the following:
        1. Navigate to Tools>Historical Data
        2. Under the Load Tab, open the Get Market Replay Data menu items
        3. Enter the instrument and day you would like to download data for and select Download
        4. Close the Historical Data window
        5. Connect to Playback Connection

For your reference I will link to sections of the help documentation using Market Replay Data:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for the information. One more quick question.

"3) Kinetick - End of Day (Free) will only provide daily data or greater and will likely not provide enough of the data you wish to use to practice trades."

I'm only trading stocks, not futures.

If I want to download stock data, then I shouldn't choose 3) Kinetick - End of Day (Free) when I start the application, right ?

What should I choose ? but then it asks user and password...

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back to us.

Correct. Kinetick - End of Day (Free) will only provide one entry for each day. Any smaller increment of hours, minutes or ticks will not be included.

I suggest using your Interactive Brokers account and record the data live, so you may backtest it later.
            1. From the Control Center, navigate to Tools>Options
            2. From the Market Data category, check the option "Enable market recording for playback"
            3. Click Ok

Please review "How to enable market replay recorder" in the help doc here:

Also, please view the video tutorial here:
            NinjaTrader supports over 40,000 traders around the globe with best-in-class technology, deep discount commissions and world class support.The award-winning ...

If you have any other NinjaTrader related questions, do not hesitate to ask.

You may also reach us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to request a call with us.

Comment

Great. Thanks for the info.
              I will use IB to record and try again. If more questions, i will post another message here

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:53 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby